VOG Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12,866 Posts
I do believe Indian will hit the mark with this bike.
4 choices to personalize this ride to make it yours. Smart.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I think that bike is ****ing sick. I would love to own 1.

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,677 Posts
Man, they do like to mark up the accessories don't they? These kits range anywhere from 3,000 to 5,000 bucks on top of the $15,000 purchase price for the bike. I think that is outrageous. And you still get those goofy tires, even with the sport package. Let's see how many of these get sold.

·
6,677 Posts
@uk_john That sounds encouraging for Polaris then. I'm glad you have weighed in, John. You are our eyes and ears for the EMEA region! Keep us posted on how it goes out that way.

·
6,677 Posts
I was looking at these packages again. I do like the way the rally package looks. The touring package is awful and doesn't make sense because this is certainly not a touring machine. Sport package? Fluff. how are you going to offer a "sport" package and not even offer a way out of those goofy ass tires? So the rally package makes sense to me. But I'll be damned if I am dropping 20 large on that. You have to be out of your mind. And if their goal is to try and market the bike to a young crowd, well guess what A-Holes? You just priced your target audience right out of the game!

Who knows, maybe young people aren't the target. We will see when the bike comes out who is actually riding this thing.

EDIT: Upon further review, the tour package isn't as bad as I first thought. I just hate that they couldn't find a way to drop a bag on the right side too. The windshield looks good. I'm still not sure they need to cost as much as they do, but they do seem to be legitimate trim packages that have some quality to them.

·
Registered
12,866 Posts
Maybe wealthy young people is their mark. Their are plenty of them. Others have financed expensive cars they can’t afford but they had to have that car. Believe me they are out there. How many bikes can they make anyway. The price is too high IMO but hey everything today is too high.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.