VOG Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cruising up the hiway on Saturday afternoon.. I can see the Harley dresser off in the distance.. I slowly overtake him, change lanes to pass him.. The lady riding passenger gives me the thumbs up as I pass (she obviously likes the bike).. The Harley guy sitting in front of her gives me the disdainful look and one finger salute. I choose to think think he was meaning to say the Vision is #1 in his book... Yes, the cup IS half full ;)

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
Next time slow back down and ask the little lady if she wants a ride.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
ammo said:
Cruising up the hiway on Saturday afternoon.. I can see the Harley dresser off in the distance.. I slowly overtake him, change lanes to pass him.. The lady riding passenger gives me the thumbs up as I pass (she obviously likes the bike).. The Harley guy sitting in front of her gives me the disdainful look and one finger salute. I choose to think think he was meaning to say the Vision is #1 in his book... Yes, the cup IS half full ;)
That was a bit nasty a reaction, I am surprised somewhat I also don't get the time of day from the Harley crowd but nothing that rude.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
marty said:
ammo said:
That was a bit nasty a reaction, I am surprised somewhat I also don't get the time of day from the Harley crowd but nothing that rude.
Maybe my music was too loud?

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
he must've thought you showing off by buying a vehicle that didn't conform to the norm. figured you were some hippie rebel.

• Haha
Reactions: Wynnj14

·
Registered
343 Posts

Hey Ammo, your VV is a magnet! I can't count all the thumbs-up I got from oldsters to youngsters, but not so much rude crap.
Get used to it! One of my first rides in 4-lane highway traffic saw a young lady in a Honda sedan kinda weaving through traffic until she got stuck on the inside lane beside my Vision. Don't know if it was a coincidence, but soon her eyes were not on the road and the Honda front end was into the rear of the Mazda in front of her. Yeah, she crashed right beside my bike; too creepy becuz it's not me that's attractive it's the VV. Oh, I got to the shoulder to avoid being in the way and the Mazda almost clipped the VV rear.
But, some months later a jerky lady came out of her drive in reverse, across 2 eastbound traffic lanes just to meet my a** end in the center LH turn lane. She reversed the darn thing right up the rear of my VV and her rear bumper climbed the left bag, then shot the bike about 3 feet forward. Lucky no injuries, but the bike was hurt. "I didn't see you" was the explanation, but it was rush hour and what a nutty move on her part. I'm sure it's a move she and others do all the time out of their drive. Yeah, reverse out to the turn lane, instead of making a safer move how dumb. Can't even prepare for that dumb-a** kinda driving. Now I really hate waiting for a left turn like that even more than before.
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.
Shark

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.