VOG Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts

You might look over at NomadNation (or something like that) or KawaNow forums where Nomads and such have not had cruise control for a while. I know of 2 guys that have something similar on Nomads so perhaps there are discussions about it?
eta moya dva rubles

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm assuming by the video that it wouldn't adjust your speed to compensate for change in road conditions like incline/decline and such, is that so?

·
Registered
12,150 Posts

MtnRider said:
I'm assuming by the video that it wouldn't adjust your speed to compensate for change in road conditions like incline/decline and such, is that so?
It will not compensate, but in the locked position you can still adjust your throttle to maintain the speed. It is great for giving your hand a break when you need it. Not so good when riding with a group.

·
Registered
154 Posts

Looks like it would work fine on a long flat road, but you would go slower and faster through hills and valleys.
Had something like that, built in to my 1968 Triumph. It was useful, but not as good as a full out cruise control. Hitting the brakes won't release it, so in a panic situation, it's not so good, but you can force the throttle down, even with it engaged.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Jaak said:
Looks like it would work fine on a long flat road, but you would go slower and faster through hills and valleys.
Had something like that, built in to my 1968 Triumph. It was useful, but not as good as a full out cruise control. Hitting the brakes won't release it, so in a panic situation, it's not so good, but you can force the throttle down, even with it engaged.
Hitting the brakes will release it.

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
I have had it on a couple bikes and loved it!!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hitting the rear brakes. It's cool how it works and works well but not better than true cruise control if the bike is capable of that.I used to use mine...
Jaak said:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.