Amp recommendations | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Amp recommendations

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by Fishtale_19, Oct 13, 2021.

1. Fishtale_19

Fishtale_19 Active Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2015 CCT
    I am looking to upgrade my amp. Have an Alpine KTP445U (45w per channel) I am way underpowering my speakers. Not looking to break the bank but wondering what some of you guys are using. I have the Kenwood Stereo from Dave and a good set of Polk 6" speakers in the front and Alpine 5 1/4 in the back........

2. NWidder

NWidder Member

03 Vegas, 14 Cross Country
    I have been using a Kenwood 3004 for quite a few years. 50w rms/ channel. It has served me pretty well.

3. wvrider1

wvrider1 Well-Known Member

Goldmist/Black 14 XCT
    I'm running a Massive TX48. 2 seasons old so far.

4. md2420

md2420 Well-Known Member

2014 Vision
    Running the RF T400X4AD works well and a recommendation from @icemann

5. icemann

icemann Active Member

08 vision, 01 hayabusa
    Love the fosgates. Doing wife's bike now with three of them IMG_20211013_161152.jpg

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. 08vegasrider

08vegasrider Active Member

Victory vegas
    I've been running the power acoustic rz4 1200d for about 3 years now. It's very powerful for an amp the size of a DVD. 100 watts rms x4 at 4 ohms 150 rms x 4 at 2 ohms. Screenshot_20211014-071309.png

• Like Like x 1
  7. slickvic

slickvic Well-Known Member

2011 Cross Country
    I’m running the Arc Moto 600/4. Delivers 150 rms to each corner. If your speakers rms rating is lower then try to pick an amp that matches those speakers. It’s ok to go a bit higher and I would because if your an audio nut like me your going to upgrade those speakers. Sound digital will likely be my next amp but the market keeps growing. They have a great selection and they make clean power. I’m also looking at the NVX line up. I am now using their speakers in my challenger SRT and couldn’t be happier with the quality of sound and value.

…..Ok let me help a little. You can save a little on a amp and put some of that savings into the speakers. The fronts should really be upgraded if your going to put power to them. I’ve removed plenty of polks from bikes in favor of higher DB sensitivity speakers (103db) like DB drives Moto series. Their CD 6.5 speakers are amazing on the road and so clear. I have them. Not as bright sounding as their previous speakers. So with that thought there’s $300 to be expected to spend on a decent set of 6.5’s like the dB drive CD series. They like power (300rms each!) and the 150 watts I give them is a tickle.
    Another great choice that can take a little more power than your Polks ….. DS18 pro-zt6 coaxials. 96db and that should be the minimum used in a fairing. Great speakers at $150 a pair and 225watts rms ! There are other choices too. Concentrate on a dB sensitivity of 94 and above. 100 watts rms and above.

now the amp ……so many choices.
    Sound digital 400.4 will deliver 74 watts rms
    per corner $200

Sound digital 800.4 will deliver 147 watts rms per corner. $450

Sound digital 1200.4 will deliver 221 watts rms per corner. $700

truthfully….. the market is full of great amps now. If you ride a lot in the rain a Marine rated amp is a good choice. DS18 Hydro series and NVX as well as Memphis Audio have great choices. JL Audio has a 4 channel 75 watts per corner marine amp we just installed in my buddies Road glide. Pushing 4 db drives up front and a pair of Rockford 6x9 in the bags. Not the best but I was surprised how good it sounded.
    Good luck. Hope this helps.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  8. badtoejam

badtoejam Member

2013 Cross Country
    Just snagged a SOUNDIGITAL 400.2D Evo II, and a pair of Quantum QSX65CD 6.5 2-Way speakers. Total spent was just under $400.00. I spoke with a reseller about the DbDrive WDX6Moto-cd's speakers, he said everything's on backorder due to the chinavirus and recommended the Quantums which have nearly identical specs and design. What I have in the bike right now are the DbDrive WDX6Moto's's and a Picasso Nano PN2.350D 2ch amp with a Kenwood head unit from a member on these forums. Still chasing that elusive sound....

9. slickvic

slickvic Well-Known Member

2011 Cross Country
    Gotta add bag speakers and the chase will slow down a bit.

10. badtoejam

badtoejam Member

2013 Cross Country
    Thing is - on my 13' AF Green with flames, I've had my bag lids painted to match (flames) and would like to have a set of factory lids/grills, but have no hope of ever seeing those come up for sale. I have also looked at the mutazu lids/grills but it'd probably be close to a grand to get them painted. I wish there was a aftermarket kit where I could take a template and carefully cut my existing lids to add speakers. As it stands, I guess I'm at an impasse trying to get the best sound outa' the front end (unless there's something out there I'm unaware of)