VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Other than Victory, which manufacturer is your favorite?.....and why?
Just curious to see other's opinions and their reasons behindyour choice.
Not real interested in dealership networks, or parts availability, or how they are weathering the economy,but rather just a conversation about the bikes.
For me, I came from a sport bike background (Kawasaki), so I have a lot of respect for the technology in these bikes. I have definately moved to the cruiser market but can respect a great sport touring bike. I do really like H-D for their classic styles,and attention to detail, and heritage,but for me I wish theycould recognize there arebikes outside of the cruiser world.Iam completely open to other bikes based on their market position and I really love the Sport Touring market (Honda ST1300) but for the complete package accross sport bikes, muscle bikes, and cruisers my choice would most likely go to Yamaha because in my mind they have very few weaknesses in their lineup......save the outdated Royal Star Venture.
Looking for opinions......hopefully this can bea rather fun thread.

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
Harley, just get a good feeling when I get on one.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Its hard for me to answer about Street bikes because before the vision i have to go back quite some time since having one The last 6 or 7 ive had have all been Honda's (with the exception of the Suzuki Quads i had) And they were all dirt bikes. Honda makes a great dirt squirt. Last 3 were XR600s, nice !

If you go by looks i really like the looks of the new Indians or perhaps the Rocket III

·
Registered
130 Posts

My daily commuter is a'01Kawsaki Concours C-10. I love this bike. It is sporty and fun to ride in the twisties. And if I want to go for a longer ride I am still pretty comfortable. I really like sport-touring bikes in general. After riding a few differnt bikes this weekend at the Victory dealer (had demo truck there. What a blast!) I realize I am definitely a fairing kind of guy. Not having a fairing is just too much wind. If I were to upgrade the C-10 I would probably go to the Kawi C-14 or the
Honda ST-1300.

·
Registered
43 Posts

I'll vote Suzuki. I still love my S50 and ride it twice as much as my Vic. Check out their forum, intruderalert.com. Might not be the best manufacturer but the forum is the best and most activehands down. A large number of the members don't even own Suzuki any more.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
While I'm looking forward to seeing what Honda has up its sleeve for the next generation of the Goldwing, I've always liked the BMW Tourers.

The problem is the seat height and the bar position. Either they have to get smaller or I'll have to get taller! Other than that, they have a great fit and finish and are beauties!

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Gerald said:
I'll vote Suzuki. I still love my S50 and ride it twice as much as my Vic. Check out their forum, intruderalert.com. Might not be the best manufacturer but the forum is the best and most activehands down. A large number of the members don't even own Suzuki any more.
+1, I have been heckled in the best of jest, but I still feel my C50T is the best all around bike I have ever owned. Put that along with the several GSXR's, Hyabusa, B-King, M109, C90.... Oh you get the idea I love Suzuki. But Vic still makes the best touring nike :) Oh did I mention my stock B-King pulled 158hp today on Lloydz dyno :) Sorry, cant help it.... 158 hp for under 8k brand new...

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
kevinx01 said:
Confederate.....Why....Because it don't get no cooler then this...HMMMM can't get the photo to load
Is this what you are trying to post?

·
Registered
11,775 Posts
If there was no Victory I would have my other bike. Triumph is a year older than HD and still cool.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts

Tuff one....probably something custom. The whole reason for me buying a VIC
1) Its gold ole USA iron 2) Reliabilty 3) Smooth lines 4) Performance 5) Not everyother person owns one

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
i'd be looking at BMW K1200 series or an HD Road King. I'd be sad as hell if Victory ever goes away though, they've spoiled me for all other brands.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
For me it would be the Triumph Thunderbird. I loved the Speedmaster, but underpowered for my size. Also it looks unique with the parallel twin motor and has lots of aftermarket parts to make it my own, including a stroker kit.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.