VOG Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yuh, I am still PO'd at Polaris for punching me in the nuts the way they did. I have owned quite a few motorcycle brands in my life, and not a one has shoehorned their way into my soul like my Highball. Getting off my soap box now and onto my issue.

I need a new rear lens cover for the brake light on my 2015 Highball. I noticed that the one that's on there now is chipped. My local dealer wants me to buy a whole brake light assembly for $220 when all I need is the $8 lens. Anyone know of a place that I may find a lens?

·
Registered
2,346 Posts

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
So, you're not having a problem finding the part you just don't like the price they want. If you want it to be perfect you will probably have to buy new. Partspitstop.com has the assembly for $170. Does the lens come off the housing?

·
Registered
1,543 Posts

·
Registered
17,114 Posts
I get where you’re coming from, but the tail light is a sealed led unit. This has become quite common in automotive applications since led’s really don’t need replacing like traditional bulbs, they typically outlast the car or motorcycle. There is no separate lens to buy.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
If it is just chipped & still functional get some 2 part e-pox-e, that may keep it from cracking further.
Nobody will notice it.

In another post I said that if Vic riders are going to keep their bikes on the road then they will have to start web sites that share "how to" tips & part number interchanges. This has been common in the Guzzi world for many years now.

Just for fun you might want to check this out; www.thisoldtractor.com
This web site was started by a man named Gregory Bender who loved Guzzi's & old tractors.

Or this one: Guzziology: our own self-help guide to Moto Guzzi motorcycles | Moto International
This has long been "The Book" for Guzzi owners.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Reactions: lou8700

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yeah I noticed recently when I had problem with my taillight that one could not just replace the bulb etc, but had to buy the whole assembly at a premium piece, but I was lucky and found it it was just a wire problem. However ,so far I have had no problem finding parts for my Judge. I recently had to order a new fuel line when the connector on one end would not fasten and kept blowing off every time I tried to start it and the fuel pump came on. Turns out that the Judge and Boardwalk have a unique fuel line and is different than the other models. Not sure why Victory did not standardize that part. Anyway, I was able to order a new part and received it in about ten days for $60.00. When it came in I noticed that it was made in China just as the original , but the new one looked a lot cheaper made than the original, so it is possible Victory is cutting some corners on the new parts etc..

·
Registered
91 Posts
Another way to fix the lens is to use locktite lens epoxy, you can repair your lens with this product. The kit is available in different colors. As a retired patternmaker I've repaired and made many things out of plastic. The lens repair kits are available at many Auto parts stores. Good luck. When repair is done it will to hard to see evidence of any repair.

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
Another way to fix the lens is to use locktite lens epoxy, you can repair your lens with this product. The kit is available in different colors. As a retired patternmaker I've repaired and made many things out of plastic. The lens repair kits are available at many Auto parts stores. Good luck. When repair is done it will to hard to see evidence of any repair.
Unless the Locktite lens epoxy is clear red, it'll show the repair. Yes the replacement unit is expensive but it keeps the bike original and not some home fix.

·
Registered
49 Posts
A lot of parts I've been trying to order from the Polaris site are "not in stock". They advise to check with my local dealer. Duh..where do the dealers get the parts from???

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
What "parts" do you refer to? Accessories? The dealers have a direct link to Polaris. They order them, you buy them.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I work in the Service Parts department of Mercedes-Benz, and we keep service parts available for model end + 10 years. I don't know for sure if this is mandated by law or simply because we want to keep customers happy, but it is a requirement for us (Service Parts). We have contracts with suppliers to continue producing parts even after the model is no longer produced, as long as it is within the time period or there is demand for the part. Many service parts come in assemblies while other production assemblies come as individual parts, it's up to the manufacture to decide how to supply the parts. Fast moving parts will have a current contract and will be manufactures/purchased as needed, while slow moving parts may not have built for many years, it depends on the demand. We may have thousands of a particular part (ie brake pads) or only a few. The sad part is we often "scrap" (destroy) perfectly good, new parts, because we have too much slow or non-moving stock taking up warehouse space and we can write-off the "loss". It's all a matter of balancing financial considerations against customer satisfaction.

Another consideration is whether the parts are in the market. If several dealers have a couple extremely slow moving parts on their shelves, the manufacture may decide that's enough stock in the marketplace and not to stock any in a central warehouse. If a customer in one location needs a part only available in another location, the dealer will contact the dealer with the part, purchase it, and have it shipped to him.

Sorry... I kinda went long.

Reactions: PAF
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.