VOG Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Love the look of the Gunner. Almost bought one myself.

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts
The local dealer has an incredible deal on a brand new 2017 Triumph Explorer XR. I was ready to make the trade, but my wife said, "there was no way she'd sit perched up in the air like that"

Oh well, there's worse things then having to ride a great bike like the Gunner.
How to make a wife happy: Find a new CC for tandem rides and keep the Gunner for solo :dance: (I was a little sneaky, got the CC first, then when VICTORY closed I used the "ON SALE and almost HALF OFF" reason for the VEGAS....worked, she uses those words allot, I just reversed the role :biggrin:)

·
Registered
879 Posts
I kinda did the same thing, except I couldn't afford the XC. I have a V92C for tandem rides and a Jackpot for myself. Like you said, keeps the wife happy!

• Winner
Reactions: IM12STPN

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How to make a wife happy: Find a new CC for tandem rides and keep the Gunner for solo :dance: (I was a little sneaky, got the CC first, then when VICTORY closed I used the "ON SALE and almost HALF OFF" reason for the VEGAS....worked, she uses those words allot, I just reversed the role :biggrin:)
Excellent idea, if I could get a Cross Country, Cross Roads or Hardball "half off", I'd be all over it.

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts
Excellent idea, if I could get a Cross Country, Cross Roads or Hardball "half off", I'd be all over it.
I started calling right after Polaris said dropping line, many dealers from here down to Florida where I was going to be mid Feb-Mar. Before Christmas I got price from SKY LAKELAND from JR. Told him if price good I'd send deposit and be there Feb 27th to get....did just that. $7900 for 2016 NEW VEGAS:dance:...broke in day after, then next day to KEVINX....happy happy happy :biggrin:

·
Registered
724 Posts
The local dealer has an incredible deal on a brand new 2017 Triumph Explorer XR. I was ready to make the trade, but my wife said, "there was no way she'd sit perched up in the air like that"

Oh well, there's worse things then having to ride a great bike like the Gunner.
Not that reliability is everything but Triumph has a worse rating than Harley. Your wife proves that saying about the better half.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not that reliability is everything but Triumph has a worse rating than Harley. Your wife proves that saying about the better half.
She is definitely the better half. That said, I never had a problem with my 2015 Triumph Scrambler, unlike my Gunner which needed the ECU harness replaced.

·
Registered
724 Posts
She is definitely the better half. That said, I never had a problem with my 2015 Triumph Scrambler, unlike my Gunner which needed the ECU harness replaced.
I hear ya. Polaris replaced the instrument cluster of my new 2016 Vegas before it even left the dealer's lot. These ratings are crude stats subject to, I'd suspect, significant variance. Some Harley owners will be happy campers, many will be in and out of the shop and on first name basis with the service techs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.