All this talk about bobbers..... | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

All this talk about bobbers.....

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by Half_Crazy, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Half_Crazy

Half_Crazy Well-Known Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    Bikeless
    THESE ARE BOBBERS. THIS IS HOW IT'S DONE. [​IMG] [​IMG] A Vegas is too good a motorcycle to bob. Putting rib tires and spring seats on them, cutting down the suspension travel, losing the handling properties... all for the sake of being old school... is criminal. Now these bikes above never were worth crap, so cutting them up or using obsolete suspensions/frames/tires/wheels is fine.

• Like Like x 1
  2. keilwerth

keilwerth Member

Yeah, I thought the new bike looked stupid. Too many off the shelf parts from other production bikes. The look just didn't come off right, to me.

3. dsjr70

dsjr70 Well-Known Member

08 Vegas Low x 2, Vegas LE # 001, Cross Roads LE # 001, High Ball, Vegas 8-Ball, Cross Country, Vision, Cross Roads
    I liked the first one, but not much of a fan of bobbers. I would rather ride my bike then look at it...

4. johnfrey

johnfrey New Member

DISAPPOINTED Any of us could have done the same thing to what we own now. The funny part is harley came out with a new bike thing morning and its 3 thousand more and has the flat black. Its a shame that Vic didn't come up with new parts and clothing for what they have now. Rolland made some good money for what every body has been doing for the last four years. To think we could have built the bike and made a name and money.

5. TCB-1

TCB-1 New Member

I like the new bike, But yes, it's not a bobber at all..

6. SofaKingBlue

SofaKingBlue Member

'04 Touring Cruiser; '08 Jackpot
    The high ball is just a wannbe knock off. Buy a Suckerpunch Sally for the real deal.

7. hntr4life

hntr4life Member

KINGPIN 8-BALL
    I like the look of the front end, but I think were are due for a new rear fender. Show some more rear tire. Spring seat would be nice too.

8. Diesel

Diesel Member

The Highball kicks ass. While I certainly agree it's not a true bobber (i.e. piece of crap, chain, breaks often, bare, etc), I do think this bike serves a VERY good purpose in the industry and Vic's lineup. If the market is going from chopper to bobber for the 25-45 "single guy" crowd, this is a GREAT canvas to work from.....Roland and Zack have proven that. I sold my KP B-Ball last year, but always wanted another to slap on some apes and a Vegas rear. Appears Victory has already done that for me. I LOVE Rick's daughter's bike....and can't can't believe it never sold at original price. Anyhoo. Cool bike, esp if the other bikes eventually go away with the market. Nice work!

9. Stacker_Steve

Stacker_Steve Member

08 KP 8 Ball, 08 Vision Tour
    Someone on the Star forums goofed around with the pic and made up this photoshop of the early style tank in place [​IMG] I liked it before and I like it more with this tank.

10. ddawg

ddawg New Member

2008 Kingpin, 2010 Street Glide
    I agree w/ Half Crazy. Nice effort - but why wreck an already good bike for a look??? I admit - it does look cool. The High Ball is growing on me. I would take it in a New York minute if given to me (and ride the crap ut of it!!). But, to open my wallet & spend those "short of supply dollars"? Nope.

11. Half_Crazy

Half_Crazy Well-Known Member

Bikeless
    Oh no, I like bobbers... you know, real ones... I would love to have a little Shovelhead Bobber just to ride over to bike night. My issue is that you don't make a motorcycle as good as a Victory is into a bobber. That should be a felony. Someone on another forum said the HighBall would be cheaper than paying the dealer to do the conversion on a Vegas 8-Ball. My comment was "Why would anyone want to do that to an 8-Ball?" So you want a cheap bobber? Here: http://bluecollarbobbers.com/web/ You can be cool like Fonzie for $1000... This is not bad... they didn't screw the bike up so much, just changed the look... [​IMG] For a lager photo of this bike click here http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o316/JAGATES14/VICTORY/IMG_4900.jpg

12. hmd520

hmd520 Vendor Supporting Vendor

Not really into the bobber scene... just never took off with me. I still think that the chopper scene will bounce back. Victory seems to be chasing Harley. Harley has alot of cheap end bikes they are trying to pedal right now. I would rather build a custom bike than a bobber. But i will admit nice attempt....