VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know we were talking about this in another thread, discussing how Victory could market to younger riders.... but WOW is the intended demographic ever evident when I picked up my latest copy of the Victory magazine.
(speaking of which, with the crazy paint job on mine it outta be featured)
My roommate was walking in reading it and says "How come everyone in this magazine is 40 to 50?"
I've sure noticed anytime I stop I'm the only one my age on a cruiser, regardless of brand, with the only exceptions being the outlaw MCs.

·
Registered
834 Posts

It's a matter of perception. You're saying that a V-twin cruiser adds 10 to 15 yrs but every time I throw a leg over mine I feel like it has taken 10 or 15 off. Maybe thats it. Victorys are a painless facelift for us over 50. The ear to ear smile sure takes the wrinkles away.
Now golf, that would age me.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I'm not saying that it makes you old to ride one, just noticing that cruisers are pretty much only bought by older riders. Never gave it any thought until I bought one.
Of course I'm too banged up and my joints feel 80 so it really is all I can ride anyways....

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Justmessing with you. I know as we get older it is just easier to ride a narrow, low to the ground bike. The last race I completed without hitting hay, just tore thecrap out of me. Yes, I am a little beat up also so the cruisers work perfect for me. I couldn't see myself riding a standard, I'd fall down at every stop sign because I can't straighten my left leg out anymore...Now I don't care (as much) about going fast, just getting wherever I need to be...

·
Registered
834 Posts

When I started riding Gold Wings in my mid twenty's I thought everyone else on one was 60.
They were probably only 38 :)
Felt strange but I loved the bikes and never would have wondered so far on anything else.

·
Registered
158 Posts
And just think of the market that leaves for a great entry level bike around 9 grand.
Victory could make some cash.
The cost of college and kids etc.. is why it took me so long to get a bike again.

I know probably a dozen people today that would buy one if it was available.
I am seeing a lot guys and women in their 20s that want something like that and not a HD.
That is what I am seeing in this area anyway.

·
Registered
6,128 Posts

I'm 39 and would have no problem riding a sport bike any day....I just prefer the style of a cruiser.my wife, who is a little younger than me still gets carded when she orders a drink....I like that. ;-)
There is no getting around the fact that sport bikes are for the 20-something crowd and cruisers begin their appeal with the the 30+ plus crowd. Hell, if I get the Vision at 39 years old I'm pretty sure I will be one of the youngest riders, but I really don't give a rat's ---.
I think you could see an increased focus on bikessimilar tothe Star Warrior as a means to get the crossover riders earlier.

·
Registered
6,128 Posts

dsjr70 said:
Well, tomorrow I will be picking up a Vision or Goldwing... So I got you beat by a year...lol
I feel better about that.....it's our jobto bring the average age down a little. Then throw a little fender fluff on the back to complete the package. :)

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
MONKEY666 said:
I know we were talking about this in another thread, discussing how Victory could market to younger riders.... but WOW is the intended demographic ever evident when I picked up my latest copy of the Victory magazine.
(speaking of which, with the crazy paint job on mine it outta be featured)
My roommate was walking in reading it and says "How come everyone in this magazine is 40 to 50?"
I've sure noticed anytime I stop I'm the only one my age on a cruiser, regardless of brand, with the only exceptions being the outlaw MCs.
Shoot some pictures of you and your ride and email them with a letter to Victory's mail bag you will wind up on the Web Site or in the mag or both.

·
Registered
834 Posts

It is going to be interesting to see how the Honda Fury does with the kids weaned on Biker Build Off and OCC.
There are a lot of beautiful crotch rockets out there but let's face it they are about as individualistic as an iPod Nano.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I never think about my age...its always a shock to me when it comes up.
Like when I set up my profile here I thought it was wrong.
I just go my way ... My wife has even been mistaken for my daughter on multiple occasions...fender fluff no way...She wants her own bike now...

·
Registered
554 Posts
Im only a young soon to be 40 year old and Ive been rideing cruisers since I was 16 years old. My body feels like ist 80 at times I may add lol but for me cruisers are whare its at.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.