Aftermarket Windshield for XR, XR Hard-Ball, XR 8-Ball | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Aftermarket Windshield for XR, XR Hard-Ball, XR 8-Ball

Discussion in 'Victory Cross Roads' started by babs, May 27, 2014.

1. babs

babs Active Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2013 Victory High-Ball
    Ok guys if you've seen I worked with another company to help mock up a design for a vegas frame solo bag mount at deadcreekcycles.com and am very proud of that fun project.

My current scoot is a Hard-Ball, and there is the new Cross Roads 8-ball... Neither come with a windscreen and Polaris is really quite proud of their windscreen. And it appears for a bolt up it's the ONLY one available, that I've found. Naturally, unlike the gazillion H-D windshield kits available in the $2-300 range, there's only ONE for the Cross Roads, so no guess why it's $600 smackers. Zero competition. And you get one option, which is my main issue even more so than price.. It's a big chrome swoopy frame that I imagine doesn't appeal to all. No quick-detach. No shape alternatives. One screen, three heights. That's what you get.

Reason I bring it up, is I'm talking to a couple companies about such an idea of developing an aftermarket complete windscreen product or at least an aftermarket frame, possibly quick-detach, for our Crossroads-based bikes. We've got four super-duper-easy threaded spots to mount to. Not an engineering nightmare for sure.

Asking you guys for input, discussion and a show of hands....

Who would love to see an aftermarket alternative to the polaris windscreen for our crossroads based bikes?

2. olemissalum

olemissalum Member

2012 Victory Cross Roads
    Id rather see more fairing options honestly. The batwing ones available dont do it for me...wish we had one to match the XC lines...but any aftermarket choice for windscreen would be hgreat.

3. Caneman

Caneman New Member

2011 Victory Cross Roads

XR windscreen choices are very definitely needed. More power to you!!!

4. ammo_umb

ammo_umb Member

2011 Cross Roads (Crimson)

Cee Baileys has made replacement windshields for a couple years that use the OEM hardware.

http://www.ceebaileys.com/victory/crossroads_2010_ws.html

5. babs

babs Active Member

2013 Victory High-Ball

Thanks.. Yes those are nice. Seen them before.

Trick is, I have not the OEM hardware to begin with.. So what to do? You're forced to buy the OEM windscreen first and it ain't cheap. No other complete kits out there that'll bolt up to the bike by themselves with their mounting hardware, separate from the Vic windscreen hardware.

Not that I'm opposed to the OEM kit, just not silly crazy in the looks of the thing. It's a wee bit gawdy IMO, especially for a Hard-Ball, or 8-Ball XR.

6. ZigZag

ZigZag New Member

Victory Cross Roads - Suzuki S50

[​IMG]

My 2012 XR came with a short windshield. It was totally useless(I'm 6'4"), but luckily Cee Baileys fit perfectly and gives me decent protection. I got the 23" with built in lowers. I like the fact that it takes tools to remove it.