VOG Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have read through so many different threads on this forum and other victory forums. I have looked all over google.

I know how to to wire the aftermarket tach to the factory 3 wire plug on my 2008 Jackpot. The J & P cycles tach I bought has 4 wires, 12 volt, ground, instrument power ( for the back light) and tach signal. I have the 12 volt and instrument power hooked to the pink wire on the factory plug, tach signal hooked to the green wire, and ground to black.

I just finished installing cams and such and am getting ready to take it to my dyno tuner and I'd like to have the tach for that. However, I can turn my key on, tach does it's full range sweep, i have power and lights, but when i start the bike i have no rpm reading on the gauge. The gauge I'm using is this one...

J&P Cycles Mini Tachometer

It says if I'm going to install it on a single fire ignition system, I need an adapter to convert the tach signal. So I'm wondering if I need the adapter?

Any one have any idea if I'm doing something wrong? Did I wire it incorrectly? Do victories have single fire ignition systems?

Thank you for any help anyone can possibly give me. I appreciate it.

Phil B.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@PDXLaserGazer , I thought the same thing about details from the manufacturer on both. If Victory's are in fact a single fire system, it should be as simple as picking up the adapter. I could have made life alot easier with a factory tach, but they have gotten hard to find and when I did find one, they wanted $425 for a new one. Second I built a set of custom handlebars for it and the side by side mounting just wouldn't have worked. Hopefully some others will have some insight on this as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.