VOG Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me why there are no aftermarket options for the XR and XC as far as Sissy Bars/Luggage Racks and Backrests? Does anyone else think that $1270 is just a bit ridiculous for those pieces? I mean on my current bike (Kawi Vulcan 1600 Classic) I have LESS in a new Mustang Seat (with the driver backrest) , the Cobra Luggage Rack, and Sissy Bar/Back Rest.

I am very interested buying one of these bikes next year but not if the only accessory choices I have are from Victory at what seem to me to be scalper prices.

Even models that have been out a few years don't seem to have much aftermarket support. It's kind of disappointing. Any thoughts?

Also, I realize this is my first post and it seems like I am here just to knock Victory but that is really not the case. I test drove a couple Victory's last fall and would really like to own one but I would like to see more aftermarket support.

Sean

·
Registered
6,128 Posts

Sean,
First off, welcome to the VOG. Great place and keep coming back. As for your question, it is a matter of "Economies of scale". Victory is a small brand with maybe 50K bikes on the road....total. If you are comparing the big 4 (Honda, Kaw, Suzuki, Yamaha) and H-D, you are talking about manufacturers that put out that kindof volume in a quarter (H-D) or 1/2a year's time. The aftermarket industry NEEDS volume of buyers to recoup their investment....add that to a destructive economy and most parts suppliers are not willing to invest any money on new ideas and partsunless they are guarranteed to get a return.
With that being said, you will find that there are a couple vendors (Cee Baileys, Utopia, CycleOps, Kewlmetal) that are trying to get product out there and hopefully they are seeing a profit in their products directed towards Victory owners. Until Victory can start pupming out 20-75K units a year you just will not see the market flooded with Victory add-on options.....hopefully the Vision and X-bikes will get them there here very soon.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
every year Victory garners a little more attention from more and more vendors. It takes time but I agree I'm waiting for other options or a trunk before I drop the $950 on the luggage rack/backrest combo.

The nice thing is if I don't like the trunk many others will which should make slightly used backrests/luggage racks available for less.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts

It's a first year bike, what would you expect?? One of the reasonsthat attracted me to Vic back in 2000 was that there was not many on the road. There is always draw backs toowning a bike that is not in every other garage. One is aftermarket. Makes it all themore fun finding stuff IMO. If you want to follow the pack, maybe consider another brand. If you want to be different andin front, by a Vic!!
Welcome, ride safe!!

·
Registered
657 Posts
This is one of the features (bugs) of not buying a high volume bike. You want aftermarket? Buy a HD. You want atypical? Buy a Victory.

Welcome to the VOG.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.