VOG Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone knows of a good aftermarket seat for my XC that positions me further up on bike? I’m 5’5”, whenever riding 2up, can’t plant feet firmly on ground because floor boards hit back of knees. Thx

·
Premium Member
14,202 Posts
I'm 5'8...I got an ULTIMATE seat from Witchdoctors and it works great, my wife calls it her couch. Don't KNOW if they still offer, but when I got mine they had a 30 day comfort guarantee.

If want to lower bike and inch+ PM me....have way to do for FREE. After that I could flat foot with 40# in rear shock...55-60 for trips with wife and luggage on sissy bar and saddlebags full.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I had an ultimate seat I ordered direct from the company, and they will customize it to you, different styles and padding that will seat you more forward, they have great customer service

·
Premium Member
14,202 Posts
I put on and left next day on RT2 in Michigan UP...across northern USA on it to Seattle, WA. South along ocean to California. When stopped at Ma and Pa place in California and burger was $18.95...$1 for cheese...$1 for tomato....well we got ketchup and mustard, on table and free. Turned left and headed east thru middle of USA home. Just over 6000 miles in 12 days...when coming down my 300ft driveway my wife said "DO NOT take off MY COUCH!" HAPPY WIFE and my HAPPY BUTT:dance: (had 56,000 miles on it before a little problem. I did remove before CC went to auction. YES, I will be buying another CC someday.)

Reactions: slickvic

·
Registered
134 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
I would at least contact Wil Molina from Cycleops. He takes stock seats and rebuilds them for your needs. I am waiting for my order and am excited about the reviews from others. He is on Facebook and Instagram.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
If you can find someone local to modify your own seat, that's the best way to go. The shops that have been mentioned here are the second best option. Corbin, Mustang, would be my last choice. Not being derogatory but they're working by averages not you personally.

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Corbin has ride-in service in CA. You ride in, they build the seat to your ass in one day, to your liking. That's not average by any definition.

• Winner
Reactions: normthenomad
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.