VOG Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 CCT with an Utopia backrest on a stock seat. I am considering getting an Ultimate seat. Will my Utopia backrest fit that seat? I called both Ultimate and Utopia, they don't know. Anyone out there have this setup? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Not familiar with them. If the Utopia is mounted directly to the seat or to the frame/fender then it will probably work just fine. I believe the slot is the same between the stock seat and the ultimate seat. According to the Utopia website, you need to mount the backrest to the seat, some videos and/or pictures showing the process. Furthermore, according to the Ultimate website, the midrider seat comes WITH the backrest already installed, so it may be a moot point.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
according to the Ultimate website, the midrider seat comes WITH the backrest already installed, so it may be a moot point.
According to the Ultimate website: just the seat is $525 and with backrest is $725. I did get a response on Victory group on Facebook. Someone with a Cross Country has a Ultimate seat with a Utopia backrest.

His response: "Running the ultimate seat with the Utopia backrest. Out of the box it fit but was a bit wobbly and the backrest felt too high on my back. Trimmed a few inches off the bottom of the Utopia backrest metal shank and it fits lower on the seat. I've put about 40,000 miles with this setup and it's so comfortable for those long days in the saddle"

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Must have missed that part, I didn't see any prices when I looked, just read the summary. Guess it's in the fine print.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.