Aftermarket Driving Lights | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Aftermarket Driving Lights

Discussion in 'Victory Cross Country' started by burbansk, Sep 12, 2021.

1. burbansk

burbansk Active Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2013 Victory Cross Country Tour, 2000 BMW 1150 GS, 2008 Honda TRX 700 XX
    I would like to purchase some real nice driving lights for my XCT before I retire and was wondering what others have. I really like the Clearwater brand, had them on my BMW GS. Very high quality plus they throw out some serious light. The only package they offer for the Victory are their smaller model that mounts on the lower forks or the crash bars. I was thinking about getting the larger ones that they put on the Harley Electric Glide. They are called Erica's and mount on the crash bars. What size are our crash bars 1" or 1.25". My bike is Up North and I can't measure them. Can you guys help me out. Has anyone done something similar? I don't want to mount them off the turn signals like the Kuryakyn company does it. Thanks for any help guys.

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. IndyVictory

IndyVictory Well-Known Member

2012 Victory Cross Country Tour
    1.25 and I tried lights on the bars but didn't like it. Options are slim on where to put them when you have hard lowers. Lights I bought end up sticking out to be the widest part of the bike which I didn't like.

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. 1stVictory

1stVictory Well-Known Member

2012 Pearl White CC Tour
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Chattanooga_Mark

Chattanooga_Mark Well-Known Member

2012 CCT, Wonderful in white
    I have a set of the chrome Kuryakyn driving lights (halogen, not LED) for sale if you’re interested in those. The forum post Two Items For Sale has them in it.

The Kuryakyn mount isn't 'off the turn signals' at all. They have a mount that's hidden under the fairing that's quite strong. It attaches to the two lower fairing mount bolts. All metal and very robust. They mount in the turn signal location but certainly not by them.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. 11ZNL

11ZNL Member

2007 Kingpin V11 Sport Naked
  6. burbansk

burbansk Active Member

Rob, The Denali brand are real nice. I really like their chrome mounts but by the time you purchase all the items ( Lights, Lenses, Mounts, and Wiring switch ) they cost more than the Clearwater's. As said in my post above the Kuryakyn lights really don't work for me. I was hoping someone may post some pictures of their set-up. I will probably end up getting the Clearwater's and mount them on the crash bar turned inboard so the won't break on a tip over. Thanks to all for the info and bar size ( 1.25 ) from Indy Victory.

7. Dan050

Dan050 Well-Known Member

Cross Country Tour
    I'm a cheap Azz, so I took a gamble on these lights from Amazon. I made my own mounting brackets to mount vertically on the bars, because thats the only place there is with lowers. If you look real hard you can find vertical mounts for this type of light. I've had these mounted for 3 or 4 years without issue. They are bright, but I have them aimed low cause I leave them on all the time. They have an Angel Ring if you wire them with another power source, but I wired mine together so the Angel Rings are on with the lights. I'm happy with them.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07KN882TV/ref=sspa_mw_detail_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. walks35

walks35 Well-Known Member

2004 Victory Kingpin
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. DAVEofSAC

DAVEofSAC Well-Known Member

2014 Vision
    As someone mentioned... I'm a cheap A$$ so I mixed 'n matched parts.
    I've a VV 'n so mounted them on the forks. Best deal 'cuz I can't get 'em high enough to blind people from behind (which has been a complaint for low-beam positioning).

They're mounted vertically 'n are wired to a relay with my Cyclopes light...

Fender New Angle.jpg

Fender New Front.jpg

Used Clearwater mounts to a fix LEDs to forks.
    I prefer fish-eye lens for LED projection. The LEDs are from Amazon:

Amazon.com: WEISIJI LED Work Pods,4D Lens LED Work Light 20W Headlight Spot Beam LED Work Light Bar for Motorcycle Truck Boat Offroad ATV UTV (2PCS / Pack) : Automotive

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Dan050

Dan050 Well-Known Member

Cross Country Tour
    @DAVEofSAC , I was looking at those exact lights also, when I was shopping around. I really like the looks of those also.

11. DAVEofSAC

2014 Vision
    With ALL projection LED set-ups ya should remember to not spend a lot of $ 'cuz when they burn out the units replaced not just the Cree. They're not lamps (typically) they're just an LED with a housin'.

The 20W's a lie they're more like 15W--still I rode with 'em for
    9 months. In '19 I switched to these:

Amazon.com: AutoTime LED Driving Lights 2 Pack 2.7 Inches 40W Fog Lights Spot Flood Combo Beam 6000K 6000lm White Round Small Led Pods Waterproof for Motorcycle Offroad Trucks SUV ATV UTV Boat : Automotive

They put out a bit more light at 40W. The description states they're 4D lens type... check this site out for what that means:

Compare 2D, 3D, 4D, 5D, 6D, 7D, 8D LED Light Bars - Nox Lux (nox-lux.com)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Texasbaehr

Texasbaehr Well-Known Member

2012 Victory Vision Arlen Ness, Kawasaki Drifter 800
    I’m cheap too. Used similar ones from Amazon and they are great. Nice light up down the road and wide beam spread to see the critters. Here’s a link to my original post.
    Added Fog/Driving lights

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. ScabbyDoo

ScabbyDoo Active Member

2014 CrossCountry
    Put Denali on my CC and have had others comment how easy they are to see, night or day. As has been noted, they do cost more than other options. My counsel is the old "You get what you pay for." They provide great light patterns and brightness (varies in distance and pattern based on model purchased) and they are very high quality.

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. burbansk

burbansk Active Member

ScabbyDoo, Thanks and I agree you do get what you pay for that's why I am trying to make the purchase now before I retire in 3 months. Really like the Denali front pods that go on a 1.25 inch bar. They are made for Harley's but should work on our XCT bar. Although they are just running lights and turn signals it should make the bike more noticeable to cagers and I can still put my Clearwaters on the front fender mounts for better night vision.

15. DAVEofSAC

2014 Vision
    Yah, ya get whatcha for... yet, I've had a coupla sets of LEDs burn-out so have come to the conclusion some of this stuff's disposable so caution when purchasin'. This last set of front LEDs has lasted 2 yr.s while previous units have lasted 4 rides.

Texasbeahr, NICE job on the lights! Do like the placement.

When I got my bike I intended to mount a set of fork lights. To see where yer goin' not where the body's headin'. I used to ride 30% dark 70% light. Since shift change, dark ridin's increased to 40% (at least) so, the fork lights DO come handy.