After racing with a 103', it's more than time for Vic to put out a drastically more powerful engine | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

After racing with a 103', it's more than time for Vic to put out a drastically more powerful engine

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by HighBaller82, Oct 5, 2015.

1. HighBaller82

HighBaller82 Active Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    High Ball 2013
    Don't get me wrong, I love my highball to death and wouldn't change it for anything else. Beside another similar looking Vic with a much more powerful factory engine....
    I was at the 1/4 track yesterday. Of course I got crushed by a v-Rod, that was expected. He could easily run in the 11.5... and I was never able to go under 13 with my stock highball (with a pretty looking stage-one from Vic)...
    But, after having done a few random street race with random Harley's and being far ahead, I was expecting to be noticeably faster than my new buddy with his Softail Slim 103' with slip on's.
    After 5 runs, two of them with equal good launch and runs, I was slightly ahead but he was always there, right behind me. Granted I must weigh a good 40 pounds + more than him but still.....I was expecting more.
    All that to say that it is now clearer than ever to me. Victory needs to go back to the lead in regards to powerful engine. What I want, and will pay for (reasonable price) is en engine that is in the v-Rod league, nothing less....bring me a huge V-Twin or whatever else, just gives us the power we want. In my book, Victory should be able to easily destroy v-Twin Hardleys and Japs...
    But let's be honest, stock for stock, the 103' is catching us fast and many japs have been ahead for a while (big inch yamaha)....
    Victory can no longer claim having the most torque, HP or class leading power and performance... Must have been true a while ago, certainly not anymore
    I am still considering have some work done (cams and such). But no, I want a factory built bike that can run in the 11's...
    I need it and I need it now.....

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Keith Grey

Keith Grey Grouchy Old Member

None
    Get a Gixxer. We will sure miss you.

• Funny x 4
    • Agree x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Useful x 1
  3. CrossBuck

CrossBuck Active Member

I'm happy with what i have but.........if HP & Torque are important, and in a twin ? Look at Ducati ,Aprilia, & KTM .

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. triumph900

triumph900 Active Member

Triumph Bonneville T120
    Get a Scout.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Phideaux

Phideaux Well-Known Member

2011 XC, 2005 VTX 1800 Spec 2
    For about $150 you can get a Lloyds timing gear and increase the space between you and your friend's slim.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Pop's

Pop's New Member

2012 Victory Hammer S
    I agree with you!! Victory talks about how It wants to be known as the Performance Brand and I think I'ts coming soon. I look for a new bike like the Scout but with more HP and a bigger engine say 112" for the other models. I think 2017 or 2018.

• Like Like x 3
  7. slickvic

slickvic Well-Known Member

2011 Cross Country
    For what you will lose trading for another bike ?...... Get a timing gear , cams, and a PCV Dyno tune. If you love your HighBAll then make it the way you want it. 2k to 3k with performance exhaust should put you to where the Vrod may be looking over their shoulder.
    Sounds like you got bit by the race track bug. Feed your Vic ! Feed it !

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. Teflon Mike

Teflon Mike Well-Known Member

2014 Vegas 8 Ball & 2017 chieftain
    I'm down for a more powerful stock bike. Do they need to scrap the 106" though? car companies are always squeezing more performance out of the same engine.

Look at the mustang 5.0. My former '12 claimed 412 hp at the crank stock. '15s and newer are claiming 435 hp stock. Same displacement, I think different valves, heads, etc.

Respectively, couldn't Vic swap out or change some internals to maximize stock performance? I don't think the 106 potential in stock form has been reached. I could be wrong.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
  9. Keith Grey

None
    Or, the OP could save a bundle and just 116" his Highball. That should set him up to outrun all his HD riding buddies.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Keith Grey

None
    Still, in factory form, we are back to the reality of a 2 cylinder air pump with EPA restrictions.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. 98741

98741 Guest

I kinda chuckled exactly what I did.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Teflon Mike

Teflon Mike Well-Known Member

2014 Vegas 8 Ball & 2017 chieftain
    The same could be said for any car manufacturer thats tweaked an engine. I'm not familiar with what epa expects out of a factory engine, so I can't really comment on whether it's possible, it just seems to me like it would be

13. VicVisionBulldog

VicVisionBulldog VOG Police Chief Staff Member Moderator

Top Poster Of Month

13' Vision Tour / 08' Vision Street Premium
    Do you mean a High Ball is not made to be a drag bike? I thought all drag bikes had apes so you are in the perfect drag racing position.

If I was going to make a Vic drag bike I think I would start with a Judge or maybe even a better pick would be a Hammer.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. HighBaller82

HighBaller82 Active Member

High Ball 2013
    But I want to keep a custom vintage inspired look ala Harley and Vic and such, not interested in sport looking bike even though we all know the real power is in those bikes...

15. 98741

98741 Guest

My Friend you are blessed with expert tuners on this site, take their advice and rip it.