VOG Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many years back I had my '08 Street. Had numerous bikes since but excited about this Saturday getting back on a 2012 Vision Tour in Sandstone/Bronze. One thin I am quickly realizing is it is getting hard to find parts, like a set of Vic Performance slip ons as the years progress. Another item that appears to be unobtanium is the tour pack plug. If anyone has any leads it would be greatly appreciated
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive fuel system Motorcycle
:)

·
Super Moderator
26,469 Posts
@crosscountryla can hook you up by reworking the stock pipes. Search Rajun Cajun to read up on those. I've never seen anybody say I bad thing.

@Dain can make you a closeout. To see those and read more about check this out.

Street Trunk Panel

Reactions: crosscountryla

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
^^^^^ this ^^^^^

and welcome back!!!

Reactions: MoparSteve

·
Super Moderator
26,469 Posts
I think Dain was/is down to his last one. Not that he can't make more. I have an extra but you'd have to get it painted.

Welcome back
When I bought a passenger backrest it came with a cut closeout so now I have a complete one that I took off. I am keeping it and by the time I retire it should be worth one million dollars. It's part of my retirement plan now. The accessories I have for my Visions are worth more than the bikes.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Many years back I had my '08 Street. Had numerous bikes since but excited about this Saturday getting back on a 2012 Vision Tour in Sandstone/Bronze. One thin I am quickly realizing is it is getting hard to find parts, like a set of Vic Performance slip ons as the years progress. Another item that appears to be unobtanium is the tour pack plug. If anyone has any leads it would be greatly appreciated View attachment 578169 :)
I've had mine since 2008. I have also bought other bikes, but never sold the Vision. Still bike that suits me the best. I did an exhaust baffle exchange with WitchDoctor for their "Muscle Muffler" Love it, lots of compliments. I've had it since 2015, no problems. Not loud, just deeper and more throaty.

Muffler Vision with Baffle Muscle Style by Witchdoctors (Send in Your Own)

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Reactions: MoparSteve

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Great looking bike and also nice to see the front fender recall fix was done. That can be a pucker situation when it gets caught in the chin spoiler and locks your steering (trust me, I know).
I didn't even know what to look for with the fender recall. I imagine losing your steering would be a pucker moment! When I find my spare take off mufflers I will have Dave (Rajun Cajun) fix up a set of better sounding mufflers!

·
Registered
653 Posts
Many years back I had my '08 Street. Had numerous bikes since but excited about this Saturday getting back on a 2012 Vision Tour in Sandstone/Bronze. One thin I am quickly realizing is it is getting hard to find parts, like a set of Vic Performance slip ons as the years progress. Another item that appears to be unobtanium is the tour pack plug. If anyone has any leads it would be greatly appreciated View attachment 578169 :)
Nice ride

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
I didn't even know what to look for with the fender recall. I imagine losing your steering would be a pucker moment! When I find my spare take off mufflers I will have Dave (Rajun Cajun) fix up a set of better sounding mufflers!
giveaway is the bolt halfway down the back half of the fender. If you reach up inside, you'll feel a bracket/brace that added between the original mount points and that new bolt. Helps keep the back half from cracking and breaking off, which causes it to get jammed up in the chin spoiler area in front of the battery.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Bicycle wheel

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
giveaway is the bolt halfway down the back half of the fender. If you reach up inside, you'll feel a bracket/brace that added between the original mount points and that new bolt. Helps keep the back half from cracking and breaking off, which causes it to get jammed up in the chin spoiler area in front of the battery.

View attachment 578565
Just looked, mine does not have it
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Guitar accessory Bicycle part Bicycle tire

·
Super Moderator
26,469 Posts
If the bolt did fall out and the fender had the update you will be able to feel a metal band on the inside of the fender running from that hole up to the front half of the fender. There should be one on each side so if the other side just has a hole I would guess the rear fender cracked and the rear half was replaced but no kit could be found to reinforce it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just
If the bolt did fall out and the fender had the update you will be able to feel a metal band on the inside of the fender running from that hole up to the front half of the fender. There should be one on each side so if the other side just has a hole I would guess the rear fender cracked and the rear half was replaced but no kit could be found to reinforce it.
Just lookedabnd felt, no bolts either side and no brackets.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Just

Just lookedabnd felt, no bolts either side and no brackets.
then the fix hasn't been done. I think the kits are hard to find now, but if you are handy, maybe you can fab somn up. Others (like me) just went to a CC front fender instead. All steel and looks much better IMO.

Reactions: Bikesofbrads
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.