VOG Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2013 XCT and want to add the CustomLED Magic Strobe Brake Light Flasher so that all brake lights (top case/rear fender and Kuryakyn LED Sabertooth LED Saddlebag accent lights) all flash when I apply the brakes

The PO had an isolated trailer wiring harness installed under the rear fender, so I was thinking on installing the brake flasher there where they taped into the rear brake light/turnsignal/running light wires and run an additional wire from the output side of the flasher to the brake light wire in the 'pigtail' wiring harness for the top case's wiring system.
This should work, no?

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Hood Auto part

White Automotive tire Motor vehicle Light Carabiner

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Anyone have any issues with the CANbus system/Cruise Control when they tried hooking up this brake flasher to all these LED brake lights??

Dusty

·
Registered
600 Posts
All I can say is when I installed this flasher to my trunk only it worked great.

Reactions: Dusty Boots

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
Maybe it would be best to do the flasher connection at the main connector behind the left side cover. If you do it here, before it splits off, it should flash them all. The unknown would be the trailer isolator since it's using only uses the on signal of the brake light to activate the brakes that are connected to the isolator, anything connected to that would not flash and if connected after the flasher may cause interesting side-effects. If the isolator is unused and you have no plans to utilize it, maybe you would want to pull it out completely.

I decided to go a different route and just added the flasher to the sabertooth lights only, leaving the main tail/brake light to just come on and stay on. No issues with the CANbus system on mine either.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I have a 2013 XCT and want to add the CustomLED Magic Strobe Brake Light Flasher so that all brake lights (top case/rear fender and Kuryakyn LED Sabertooth LED Saddlebag accent lights) all flash when I apply the brakes

The PO had an isolated trailer wiring harness installed under the rear fender, so I was thinking on installing the brake flasher there where they taped into the rear brake light/turnsignal/running light wires and run an additional wire from the output side of the flasher to the brake light wire in the 'pigtail' wiring harness for the top case's wiring system.
This should work, no?

View attachment 389129

View attachment 389137

View attachment 389145

Anyone have any issues with the CANbus system/Cruise Control when they tried hooking up this brake flasher to all these LED brake lights??

Dusty

·
Registered
655 Posts
That should work. I used the rear brake light wiring for my Hyper lites. I love them.
They make quite is difference when I use my brakes.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thought I'd update this one.

I originally wired in the brake light flasher as per instructions as I had planned above and when I finally got around to installing the rear fender to hook up the bike's rear brake light connector, the flasher worked for the brake light on the rear fender
When I hooked up either the Kuryakyn Sabertooh LED saddlebag lights, or my tour trunk, all I got was a steady on brake light on them all ... no flashing.
I did some research and figured out I'd have to run a pair of additional jumpers from the pigtail to the trunk's wiring harness under the left hand side panel to the input and output side of the flasher module .
Now, they all flash as desired!

Here, I brought over the tour trunk to hook up the the pigtail wiring harness connector.

Everything all connected and working.

Dusty

Reactions: jmstang302
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.