VOG Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12,236 Posts

Wow is right, the 2nd to last paragraph amazes me...
Harley-Davidson said it will not conduct an agency review process or look to replace Carmichael Lynch.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
HD really doesn't have to advertise a lot. They are a very common well known commodity. I think they have the same loyal, gotta have a Harley, bunch they always had.

The folks per the agency are correct. There is just no money out there that will buy 300,000 bikes.

I friend of mine just bought, drum roll please, an Ultra Limited. Yep! $43,000 bucks for a motorcycle. Those with money are still drinking the Koolaid. If the economy turns around so will the motor company.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
dsjr70 said:
Wow is right, the 2nd to last paragraph amazes me...
Harley-Davidson said it will not conduct an agency review process or look to replace Carmichael Lynch.
Probably because other agencies will solicit HD for that paultry 11mil per year. I may call them myself.

·
Registered
6,128 Posts

That is a real head-scratcher. Why does a vendor drop a customer? Were they actually losing money on the contract?.....hard to believe but possible since H-D keeps cutting the funding, or is this a situation where the income wasn't worth the headaches of having to deal with H-D management.
Doesn't exactly send a positive message about the brand or working with the Motor Company.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
That's a big time news flash. I know this last Sunday I spent about 2 hrs. w/ a friend that owns a good size Harley Dealership. He was very quiet & withdrawn. I never pried - but he was definitely in a downer mood. Not good!!!

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
phoenix9 said:
That is a real head-scratcher. Why does a vendor drop a customer? Were they actually losing money on the contract?....
My guess would be that they were still making money off of Harley, just not as much as they would like to. So by dropping them they can reassign those people to other contracts worth a lot more $.

Plus if you were Harley why would you put more money into advertising? Just take your adds from the past, change the date on them, and put them back out there. It's the same product it has been for years anyway. Isn't that basically what this quote from the article says.

"We haven't tried to be all things to all people," Richer said. "We tried to be what we are to more people and we're making progress on that front."

·
Grouchy Old Member
7,250 Posts
It would be classic if Carmichael-Lynch was picking up Victory as a client,,,too too funny, heck even Honda, Yam, or Kawasaki would be cool..

·
Registered
7 Posts

satxron said:
HD really doesn't have to advertise a lot. They are a very common well known commodity. I think they have the same loyal, gotta have a Harley, bunch they always had.

The folks per the agency are correct. There is just no money out there that will buy 300,000 bikes.

I friend of mine just bought, drum roll please, an Ultra Limited. Yep! $43,000 bucks for a motorcycle. Those with money are still drinking the Koolaid. If the economy turns around so will the motor company.
Wow my dad bought onethat is black withblue/purple flip flopa year ago when they first came out and only paid $25000

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
I may have the name wrong, its a twin cam CVO something I thought ultra limited.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
C0untryb0y21 said:
satxron said:

Wow my dad bought onethat is black withblue/purple flip flopa year ago when they first came out and only paid $25000
I believe he is talking about the Ultra CVO, they start in the mid 30's and go North from there...

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
My bad, I had no clue. I sent him a note. Its a 110, twin cam, CVO, but then he says its an Ultra. So I guess its an Ultra Classic with a big ass motor.

I do know one thing from last weekend with him. It ain't slow! lol.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.