VOG Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

I am looking for accessory wires to install a POWER PORT for Momma's GPS.
On the left side of the frame, with the tank off, there is a taped up set of wires. BLACK and YELLOW with PINK stripe. Wiring diagram indicates BRAKES?

Have searched forum, but am not using the right words, as not finding an answer. What pair of wires can be used for a switched 12V accessory outlet?

Looking in the head light bucket doesn't look much better either...

Thanks in advance...

Ride safe,
Smokier

·
Registered
4,606 Posts
There are many yellow with pink stripe in the bike, probably got the wrong page. On the left side of the tank there are 2 wires, those are meant for driving lights if I remember, they are keyed BUT also connected to the low/bright switch. Which means when you flick the brights on it kills power to those. You can use a voltmeter to determine if it's keyed and if it's connected in series with the hi/low beam switch pretty easily. There is most likely at least 1 set of wires in the bucket, maybe more that you can use. I would not use any of the headlight wires for keyed source. Heated grips have a connection in the bucket if you don't have the grips, you can use those wires.

I installed a fused relay block in my fairing that is connected to both keyed and always-on 12V. Using this I only need 1 connection to a keyed source for up to 5 or 6 devices.

FYI, if memory serves there's a GPS connector in the headlight bucket as well if they did use the same wiring harness as the XC, used for the Victory Garmin Zumo 660/665. I'll be a 3/4" squarish connector with a rubber boot over it and maybe 7 wires, one of those will be keyed as well and you can use the ground wire there I'm sure.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Greetings,
Thank you for the heads-up on the DRIVING LIGHT pair (left side of frame under tank). Almost used those, except smaller gauge wire than desired.
Ended up using the 4x4 block in the head-light bucket. Will triple check that highbeam-lowbeam doesn't affect it.
Added an inline fuse with a 7.5 AMP mini for added protection.

Thank you; ride safe,
Smokier

Reactions: Bikesofbrads

·
Registered
1 Posts
There are many yellow with pink stripe in the bike, probably got the wrong page. On the left side of the tank there are 2 wires, those are meant for driving lights if I remember, they are keyed BUT also connected to the low/bright switch. Which means when you flick the brights on it kills power to those. You can use a voltmeter to determine if it's keyed and if it's connected in series with the hi/low beam switch pretty easily. There is most likely at least 1 set of wires in the bucket, maybe more that you can use. I would not use any of the headlight wires for keyed source. Heated grips have a connection in the bucket if you don't have the grips, you can use those wires.

I installed a fused relay block in my fairing that is connected to both keyed and always-on 12V. Using this I only need 1 connection to a keyed source for up to 5 or 6 devices.

FYI, if memory serves there's a GPS connector in the headlight bucket as well if they did use the same wiring harness as the XC, used for the Victory Garmin Zumo 660/665. I'll be a 3/4" squarish connector with a rubber boot over it and maybe 7 wires, one of those will be keyed as well and you can use the ground wire there I'm sure.
Donyou have any more details on this: Heatedgrips have a connection in the bucket if you don't have the grips, you can use those wires.

Colors, etc ?

I have a 2012 XC that I bought aftermarket heated grips for.

Thx in advance.

·
Registered
4,606 Posts
Dark Blue/Pink is power, black is ground for the heated grips.

Product Rectangle Slope Font Parallel

Rectangle Font Parallel Slope Pattern

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.