VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to buy my first Victory, and torn between a black ‘07 Jackpot in immaculate condition—7k miles

also looking at a super super clean ‘12 Vegas in navy/white with the 106. Bike has just under 2k miles on it, but has a blemish from scraping against something on the side of the tank...

Can’t decide between the two. I’m also a little wary of the rear tire on the jackpot being annoying to handle around town/less fun in the twisties. Planning on one or two trips a year out of town

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Getting ready to buy my first Victory, and torn between a black '07 Jackpot in immaculate condition-7k miles

also looking at a super super clean '12 Vegas in navy/white with the 106. Bike has just under 2k miles on it, but has a blemish from scraping against something on the side of the tank...

Can't decide between the two. I'm also a little wary of the rear tire on the jackpot being annoying to handle around town/less fun in the twisties. Planning on one or two trips a year out of town
both bikes are about the same price, and both about two hours from me

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Bet you both bikes still have all the original rubber, from tires to all the intake rubber. the one being 13 years old now might need some love. Sitting sucks. Even if it runs good today. They tend to dry, crack, split.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bet you both bikes still have all the original rubber, from tires to all the intake rubber. the one being 13 years old now might need some love. Sitting sucks. Even if it runs good today. They tend to dry, crack, split.
good point, I'll make sure to look at that. May be leaning more towards the '12 since it'll probably do "everything" a little better, and less chance of stuff worn out

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
I’m one to always suggest buying the newest item as possible. Also looks like that ‘12 has some custom bits on it. Exhaust, seat, grips. Any other info like a fuel tuner or intake updates you know of? If not, ask.

if you can live with that scratched tank, I’d say that one is the better deal.

also look at the date codes on the tires. They can “look” new, but if they are more than 5 or 6 years old, you need to replace them.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm one to always suggest buying the newest item as possible. Also looks like that '12 has some custom bits on it. Exhaust, seat, grips. Any other info like a fuel tuner or intake updates you know of? If not, ask.

if you can live with that scratched tank, I'd say that one is the better deal.

also look at the date codes on the tires. They can "look" new, but if they are more than 5 or 6 years old, you need to replace them.
Drag bars from a hammer, custom seat, pipes, and a two-up included setup. Definitely more extras. I'll probably go and look at this one-will Forsure be looking at tires

I also think I'd regret knowing I didn't jump on the 106 having had the opportunity...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the input. Ended up going to look at the '12 Vegas in the back country of Salem, IN and she turned out to be just what I was looking. Previously owned by a multiple Victory owner, and a great guy to boot

Seriously cannot get over this thing (especially with just over 2k miles on it now). By far the best-handling, sounding, performing, and solid-feeling cruiser I've yet to ride. Only these things from now on for me... (Pops's VTX1800 in the back)
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
Congrats! Nice bike!

Reactions: Beerski

·
Registered
12,820 Posts
Man I really like that Vic. I was a sucker for the 1st year Highball and wondered if they would ever try to pull that off on a Hammer. Looks great.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
It's a looker. have fun making it your own.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Thanks for the input. Ended up going to look at the '12 Vegas in the back country of Salem, IN and she turned out to be just what I was looking. Previously owned by a multiple Victory owner, and a great guy to boot

Seriously cannot get over this thing (especially with just over 2k miles on it now). By far the best-handling, sounding, performing, and solid-feeling cruiser I've yet to ride. Only these things from now on for me... (Pops's VTX1800 in the back) View attachment 552073
that is a beautiful bike and will be a blast to ride. Congrats.

I'd throw some chrome apes on it, but that is a personal taste thing.

did you find out if it has engine upgrades?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
that is a beautiful bike and will be a blast to ride. Congrats.

I'd throw some chrome apes on it, but that is a personal taste thing.

did you find out if it has engine upgrades?
I had thought about mini apes, but I honestly really like the sportiness of the Hammer S v-bar that is on it now. We'll see what my back feels like after a long road trip...

No engine upgrades. Previous owner was pretty adamant about not having any sort of 3rd party fuel managers, etc that weren't done at a Victory performance shop. Just the factory freedom pipes, which sound amazing

I'd like to to business with the Vic Shop in the future if I decide to do power mods--it's plenty fast for me at the moment hahaha

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I was the same with mine a couple years ago. I did get a Power Commander V fuel controller and Lloyd’s air intake as well as upgraded pipes. It ran great and it was enough for me.
Fast forward about a year and I wanted more out of it so got cams and a timing wheel as well as a Dyno tune and it is perfect.
Enjoy that beauty

·
Registered
528 Posts
I had thought about mini apes, but I honestly really like the sportiness of the Hammer S v-bar that is on it now. We'll see what my back feels like after a long road trip...

No engine upgrades. Previous owner was pretty adamant about not having any sort of 3rd party fuel managers, etc that weren't done at a Victory performance shop. Just the factory freedom pipes, which sound amazing

I'd like to to business with the Vic Shop in the future if I decide to do power mods--it's plenty fast for me at the moment hahaha
I love the performance mods... and my bike runs even better with them - 30K on the bike, 20K with mods. Can't wait to do them on my Vision as well!

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
65K miles sine the installation of the Lloyds air filter, Lloyds timing wheel, Lloyds VM-1 cams, Lloyds 1/4 Turn Throttle ring, PCV, aftermarket mufflers and The Vic Shop dyno tune. No, none, zero, zilch, nada, don't have any, never had any issues what so ever. Prior to these low hanging fruit upgrades I thought the 106 sounded and and performed like it was constipated. Afterwards, well, it sounds and runs like it was designed to before the EPA mandated fueling and strangulating parts that were needed to pass government regulations.

Pretty sure it's a 100% satisfaction rate from people who added similar performance upgrades from when they thought it ran 'fine' before.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey! I got an Antifreeze Green 2013 CC as well, I bought it off my Marine buddy 4 years ago after being off Harleys for 15 years (knee cap). WOW did I love the Victory, he had already installed Tri Oval exhast/Lloyds Air cleaner. I was wondering if you ever dyno tuned your bike if so: was it worth the money. Thanks in Advance (Mario, Walnut Ca/Los Angeles County)....(also bought a 2015 Vision a year later (have two Vics)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.