VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire
The seat on my xct has always made my balls ache after a long day in the saddle and spending $600-$1200 for a replacement seat ( that I could not try before buying ) left a gooey taste in my mouth that no amount of mouthwash could remove so I have been searching for options within a more modest price range. I believe I've found the answer with this $25 pad from Walmart, did 100 miles yesterday and was fantastic, no gooch juice, crushed nutz, inner thigh or hip / knee discomfort. I highly recommend this pad for anyone who needs a lil extra something but doesn't want to invest in another seat.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Product Gesture Font Finger Material property
Pic of the box, is in same isle as floor mats and other auto related items. Really made a huge difference esp for $25. The outer shell / liner is removable for washing and some slip resistant dots to keep it in place, can also run straps thru holes to attach it more permanently, is about 1/2 inch thick so raises you a lil higher up ( I wanted that effect ) is made with verticals hex comb tubes design to allow airflow and prevent your junk from sweating. It's honestly the best pad for value we've found, way cheaper than a new seat & is worth trying for $25. We got a 3rd to use between the trunk lid & our new kurykyn road warrior bag until can get a real trunk rack

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Killing a sheep’s not on my calendar this month so took the easy way & went to Walmart, although sheep’s are comfortable ( on the inside from youtube’s videos ) I’ve no idea where to get one.

·
Registered
6,671 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,469 Posts
For those interested in a sheepskin this place is highly recommended and where I got mine.

Sheepskin Buttpads®

I do like the sheepskin but putting it against my Airhawk the Airhawk was better when I was dealing with my back injury. The sheepskin will give most people a good amount of padding and does help the air flow. For me it just was not enough so I picked up the Airhawk.

One thing the sheepskin is great at is keeping you from brining your biscuits. It can be sitting out in the Texas sun and the sheepskin is cool to the touch but underneath the seat is scalding. You can jump right on if you have a sheepskin but not if your seat has been naked.

·
Super Moderator
26,469 Posts
You can't ride the vageegee at the end of the day if it's saddle-sore!
Let's hope it's for a female because if it's not we're going to have a whole new meaning for "two up."

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
For those interested in a sheepskin this place is highly recommended and where I got mine.

Sheepskin Buttpads®

I do like the sheepskin but putting it against my Airhawk the Airhawk was better when I was dealing with my back injury. The sheepskin will give most people a good amount of padding and does help the air flow. For me it just was not enough so I picked up the Airhawk.

One thing the sheepskin is great at is keeping you from brining your biscuits. It can be sitting out in the Texas sun and the sheepskin is cool to the touch but underneath the seat is scalding. You can jump right on if you have a sheepskin but not if your seat has been naked.
Back injury
Testicle injury
Sheep injury
vageegee injury

I must say solutions aside gonna be interesting reading

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Best fake commercial ever, best info from that other thread & I need one

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Alaska leather

Bought sheep from them years ago it's on the second bike.

Gel pad looks interesting and cheap enough to try it. I tried the beads my riding friends praise but my rear is too sensitive for that. Feels like sitting on wood beads. Lol

Reactions: Bikesofbrads

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Thanks for the info about Alaska Leather: Looks like a large for the Victory driver.
Large Sheepskin Buttpad®

Will try the Wally World pad first. If that doesn't help the burnin', then momma can have the gel pad and Alaska Leather will get a call...

Thanks!
Ride safe,
Smokier

·
Registered
394 Posts
Double-ditto on the hex-cell cushions.

I carved-up one of these "Purple" cushions for my seat foam tests.

Best Car Seat Cushion 2021 | Purple®

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive exterior

That hex-cell gumbo gave the best feel...

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Thanks for the info about Alaska Leather: Looks like a large for the Victory driver.
Large Sheepskin Buttpad®

Will try the Wally World pad first. If that doesn't help the burnin', then momma can have the gel pad and Alaska Leather will get a call...

Thanks!
Ride safe,
Smokier
It is a slight bit small but good enough. Was overlapping sides on my last bike. Looks good for a 9 year old sheep skin. :)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.