VOG Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dropped my XCT off at the dealer yesterday. After doing 1200 miles this week I noticed oil leaking from the rear jug where it bolts to the case. In 13 months and 22,000 miles of ownership, this is my first issue with the bike. Has anyone else had similar issues?

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
I dropped my XCT off at the dealer yesterday. After doing 1200 miles this week I noticed oil leaking from the rear jug where it bolts to the case. In 13 months and 22,000 miles of ownership, this is my first issue with the bike. Has anyone else had similar issues?
I have not seen it before. I did get a leak from the top on my Highball when I put too much oil in. If you put too much in, it's gonna come out somewhere is what I was told.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got it back from the dealer. It was the gasket. I do let the bike warm up, but I do a lot of parades with The American Legion Riders and the engine gets really hot. They think that was the cause, but still warrantied the work.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
@TheMick which dealer? Temecula motorsports?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.