A Letter From Scott Wine... | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

A Letter From Scott Wine...

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by Chattanooga_Mark, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Chattanooga_Mark

Chattanooga_Mark Well-Known Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2012 CCT, Wonderful in white
    One possible version of Mr. Wine's original letter to Victory owners before his secretary and the Polaris corporate lawyers got ahold of it.

Dear Victory Motorcycles Rider,

I tried once in the last 8 years to give a rip about Victory. Well, I didn't really 'try' in the sense any normal person would interporet the word try. But I think I remember maybe thinking about saying I should care about Victory once in the last 8 years. But I digress, anyway, too bad for you and anyone else who actually likes them, I clearly have never cared about the brand. Victory wasn't my idea, I was stuck with it when I hired on at Polaris Industries. I did do just about everything I could think of to tank the Victory brand in the last 8 years though. Just about anything I knew I could fool the Board of Directors with anyway.

We used a ton of R&D and Engineer talent to mess around with the 156/Pikes Peak project, we bought Brammo and rebadged it as a Victory, we went and raced on the Isle of Man and we even spent a ton of dough on drag racing if you can believe that. Heck, we even designed some actual new Victory models that we simply kept under wraps to one day bring out as a new Polaris Indian. Just like what we did with the Scout. Yup, you guessed it, every penny of that R&D and Engineering was charged off on the Victory brand. Look, I already told you I don't care for the brand, so, well, too bad for you. Oh, I almost forgot, we also paid top dollar to a LOT of outside talent to design things on your Victory and for your Victory. I must say, it was fun watching all those people work so hard and care so much. All the while we in Executive Management didn't care, at all. Sadistic? Ok, I'll give you that, maybe a bit.

We will be forever be laughing at you sad sacks for falling for the truly wasteful Marketing we charged off to Victory as well. Oh yea, it was fun advertising stuff without any chance of a sale because their was no bike to actually purchase from the expenditure. But, we did learn a thing or two about people. They'll fall for just about anything. So yea, we remain thankful for everyone who helped make Victory a high quality brand with a loyal customer base. Even though we've been laughing at you behind the scenes for years now.

Since we killed the Victory brand, we'll now have to reallocate our engineering resources and expenditures to improve the products and performance of Indian, Slingshot and even or Off Road Vehicle business. As you may be aware, these three are profitable and will be better investments for the long term stakeholders (dupes) of the company. Even with all the recalls and such. Should we include marshmallow roasting ideas in the Owners Manual? Too much? Yea, maybe a little.

I know you're pissed off, and you have every right to be. But we don't really care because, well, we already got your money and we don't like anything heThe re at Polaris Industries that even attempts to take the spotlight off Lord Menetto's rebadged Indian brand. Let us know here at Polaris Industries if you can find anyone to take your Victory on trade or even if you find anyone who will even work on your Victory after we fully close that division down in mid 2018, (if not before). I know we wrote that we'll support your Victory with parts for the next decade. Yes, we laughed at all of you who actually fell for that one too. You Victory fans are even more gullible than we thought.

I hope you will someday consider the Polaris Indian motorcycle brand. Everything we hate about Victory, we love about the Indian brand we bought. What's not to love about a brand that started in 1901 and went bankrupt three times? If this turkey fails again, who in the world can blame us? It's actual history is one of failure, so what's one more?

We're even going to tease you about how your beloved Victory DNA (whatever that is) will live on in a never released new Victory we're going to rebadge as a Polaris Indian. So, stay tuned sucker. Things are about to get even more fun for us here at Polaris Industries.

Ride safe, Ride protected. Ride Polaris,

Scotty Whine

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Bujee1

Bujee1 Well-Known Member

2011 Cross Country, and 2016 Cross Country Tour
    Feel better?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. ETrider

ETrider Well-Known Member

2011 Cross Roads

• Like Like x 4
  4. Darth_v8r

Darth_v8r Well-Known Member

2016 CC8BALL, 2017 Kawasaki Versys 650
    LMAO

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. 1stVictory

1stVictory Well-Known Member

2012 Pearl White CC Tour
    Nice try. But like those Nigerian letters announcing there's $4.5 million waiting for me, it's the spelling errors that give it all away. If a Nigerian letter comes with perfect English, I'll be screwed.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Old-Gramps

Old-Gramps Well-Known Member

2014 Cross Country Tour
    Aweeeeee! Your just a little pussy cat push over, aren't you? :angel4:

7. Chattanooga_Mark

Chattanooga_Mark Well-Known Member

2012 CCT, Wonderful in white
    Perhaps spelling and grammar "issues" is a function of Mr. Wine' dysfunction. I didn't know he was Nigerian. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. MagVic CCT

MagVic CCT Well-Known Member

2000 Nomad : 2012 Victory CCT
    Now, go for a nice long ride.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Peter c

Peter c New Member

Victory Cross Country
    Is it just me

10. Peter c

Peter c New Member

Victory Cross Country
    Is it just me or does this seem too close to the truth?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Phideaux

Phideaux Well-Known Member

2011 XC, 2005 VTX 1800 Spec 2
    I would wager a great deal of money that Slingshot will be the next closure. They kept it as a blind for Indian R&D costs and as many manufacturing expenses as they think they can get away with sliding there.

Any takers on my wager?

12. Bujee1

Bujee1 Well-Known Member

2011 Cross Country, and 2016 Cross Country Tour
    Not from me. I thought the Slingshot would go before Victory to be honest. I know a couple people who have them but only as a novelty item. They drive them when others are out but don't nearly put the miles on them you would with a regular bike. Of course, I'm in California where lane splitting is legal. The Slingshot will get you into the carpool lane but when all traffic slows downs or stops, so do you. That sucks.

13. Steele11b

Steele11b Active Member

2011 Kingpin
    Received another letter from Victory today with more coupons. These guys are completely tone deaf.