VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was lucky enough to have survived 61 years on Fiday the 13th of October so I took off at noon from work in Asheville on my 14 Vision and headed North. 4 hours later arrived in Kentucky and surprised my Mom by asking if she was as happy to see me now as she was then. Affirmative. Next morning I left in the foggy darkness of Eastern Kentucky and headed West across the Hal Rogers Parkway to London, Ky. then South on I -75 and exited just before Tennessee and meandered down through Oneida and Wartburg to Brushy Mountain State Pennitentiary. Met Rainman, Wendy and Charlie there. Rode the Devils Triangle, first time on my Vision. Rainman them took us roundabout back to Sweetwater, Tn. 3 black Victory bikes, dinner and then onto their home for the night. I left this morning after a great home cooked breakfast and got on 75 Southbound to Cleveland, Tn. and rode up along the Ocoee river into Murphy, NC. Encountered some heavy rain near Andrews but the Vision handled it well and on down through the Nantahala Gorge, bit more rain then back to Asheville today. Three days of fantastic riding, beautiful scenery and the best bike I've ever owned shared with the best friends I could hope for. The Vision frees the mind as I'm sure most of your Victory bikes do. I maintain it but I never doubt its abilities. I just start and ride and never wonder "what if" anymore.
Another786 trouble free miles of keeping company with great machines, friends and America at its best.

Till The Wheels Fall Off

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Well done!
Congratulations on another birthday!

·
Premium Member
14,192 Posts
Happy Birthday YOUNG man :hb2:

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
One of my brothers was born on Friday the 13th October ( here it is known as black Friday, any Friday that is the 13th day of any month is considered as black Friday here....) the year was 1944 and he is still riding occasionally, but his hips and half a leg on the right side is making it increasingly harder to hold the bikes up so he rides a trike mostly now.... Sounds like you enjoyed your day.....

Reactions: J.Wales

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Happy B-day! Been on that road from Cleveland to Murphy along the Ocoee; that is pure beauty. The sound to the river's rapids, the coolness of the air; man, that's what I'm talk'n 'bout!

Good for you, and again, Happy B-day!

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
One week later now. Me and " Black Sabbath" are in FLAT land. iSitting in a country restaurant on the edge of the Okeefenokee Swamp. We get around. Ready to turn this thing around and head back to the bosom of mother nature, the Smokeys and Blue Ridge.
Tire Wheel Sky Land vehicle Cloud

·
Premium Member
14,192 Posts
One week later now. Me and " Black Sabbath" are in FLAT land. iSitting in a country restaurant on the edge of the Okeefenokee Swamp. We get around. Ready to turn this thing around and head back to the bosom of mother nature, the Smokeys and Blue Ridge. View attachment 361721
Nice BLACK bike....bet it's FAST! :devil3:

·
Premium Member
14,192 Posts
GREAT machine when time for a 3 wheeler :dance:

Reactions: pella cholla

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
Saw one of those in Fredericksburg once. Very nice.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Back to my Vision, on two wheels. This morning at the Swamp. 50 caliber muzzleloader on opposite side. Love this bike. After this I was in the parade of posers with trailered bikes leaving Biketoberfest. Sad.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Plant

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.