VOG Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Thursday I wanted to replace the spark plugs on my '10 XC. It is a spring thing, I just like to do this once every year. As I pulled the forward wire off, by the way, I use pliers to get way in there, the metal end that connects the plug to the wire stayed on the plug. I'm like WTF... I pulled the clip off the plug and looked in the wire. After seeing which way the clip was fastened, I stuck the clip into the wire as far as I could get it to go. I changed both plugs and attached the wires, then fired up the motor. Runs just fine...no issues what so ever, except that voice in the back of my head...nagging me to change both wires now as I have a nice road trip coming.
Ordered a set of wires from Witchdoctor's, in 2 days time, have the wires in hand. Great guys and gals there. Monday morning, get the bike on the centerstand, pull my custom cheese wedge off to expose the coil and wires. Proceed to pull one wire off the front plug(the clip stayed with the plug again) and the coil. Stick the new wire on the plug, then the coil. I cant seem to stick the coil end on...it won't go in all the way. Again WTF... The second side(rear cylinder) goes easily. I look at the old wire...the female end seems to be broken inside the coil. GREAT!. I try to patiently remove this clip using pliers. No Joy! Now I remove the 4 bolts holding the coil in place, so I can better see what is going on. Now, that voice in the back of my head is nagging at me, that I will soon have to replace this coil. I say F*^% no. that's not gonna happen. Well... after trying to pull this broken clip off the coil, I end up pulling the male end off the dam thing. Now that the piece is in my hand, they separate with a whisper. FUNNY!
Ordered the coil from a Polaris dealer...this unit is used on a variety of Bikes, wheelers,& UTV's. I swear...all I wanted to do is change the dang plugs. I'm gonna need therapy over this deal...I know it!

·
Super Moderator
26,098 Posts
Suck it up cupcake!

Sorry, had to. :rofl2:

Don't you just love those simple projects that turn into endless ones?

• Haha
Reactions: 13SicVic

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
I always live by that rule don't fix if it ain't broke.

I nearly left myself stranded up in Wyoming do to me pulling a plug wire to see why I was having sputtering issues. Well the wire separated from the connector. I had re-crimp the connector back on there and tape up the boot. That ******* rigged wire got me back to Texas (home) surprisingly.

I agree the simplest jobs can leave you frustrated.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I feel you Cap. Just did the same thing, hade the tank painted over the winter put it back together it ran like a bag of s*IT checked the plugs and that front wire end stayed with the plug. I re crimped end and my little voice was telling me not to trust it so I ordered new wires. Long story to say we create most of or own problems in the end it was paint dust that was clogging one of my injectors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.