VOG Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm looking to buy some Tsukayu Strong or Jumbo Strong for my Vic (Vegas ). The problem is I really want to put them on a quick release bracket. cause I'm not a huge fan of saddle bags. But for long trips, they're a godsend.

I'm looking for suggestions on tightly fitting quick release. I want the smallest gap possible between bags and fender. Looking info help from gunner, Vegas, kingpin, Highball owners as come what I hear the rear fender brackets are the same.

Thanks in advance!

PS: Pics from the rear are greatly appreciated

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
Nice looking bags. Especially the Jumbo ones. But his comment that - "know that it will take 10+ weeks to receive them" just about puts your riding season into next year.
You won't find a quick release system. You'll just have to remove them after a trip and re-install for your next one. Not a big deal at all.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice looking bags. Especially the Jumbo ones. But his comment that - "know that it will take 10+ weeks to receive them" just about puts your riding season into next year.
You won't find a quick release system. You'll just have to remove them after a trip and re-install for your next one. Not a big deal at all.
Where did you see Ten Weeks? I saw 1-4 weeks to get them ready plus shipping?

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
Where did you see Ten Weeks? I saw 1-4 weeks to get them ready plus shipping?
On the product website someone posted that it took 10+ weeks to receive them. Just forwarding that info. I prefer the jumbo personally. They'll hold stuff. The peanut size ones just a toothbrush and a few skivies

·
Registered
23,463 Posts
US Saddlebags... EZ-on/off... made in USA.
Leather Motorcycle Saddlebags

I have the large ones.... love 'em.

I also Have the Tsukayu… they look good from a distance but the hardware is crap and they don't hold up.

If you use some EZ-brackets or whatever, the bags sit where they sit... you don't get to choose. With the universals brackets YOU can drill the bags and mount them like you want them to hang.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

View attachment 519931

I also Have the Tsukayu… they look good from a distance but the hardware is crap and they don't hold up.

View attachment 519933

If you use some EZ-brackets or whatever, the bags sit where they sit... you don't get to choose. With the universals brackets YOU can drill the bags and mount them like you want them to hang.
So the Tsukayu bag them selves don't hold up or the the hardware doesn't? If you're talking about the bags themselves I'm Curious did you buy the ABS or fiberglass? do you have any picture of how they're not holding up?

·
Registered
174 Posts

View attachment 519931

View attachment 519933

It's too bad that US Saddlebags is no longer making black saddlebags and that they have sold out of the rest of their Victory mounts. I was looking at them last week.

Hey all,

I'm looking to buy some Tsukayu Strong or Jumbo Strong for my Vic (Vegas ). The problem is I really want to put them on a quick release bracket. cause I'm not a huge fan of saddle bags. But for long trips, they're a godsend.

I'm looking for suggestions on tightly fitting quick release. I want the smallest gap possible between bags and fender. Looking info help from gunner, Vegas, kingpin, Highball owners as come what I hear the rear fender brackets are the same.

Thanks in advance!

For a quick release Tsukayu hardbag you'll want the "Easy Strong" Hardbag version I think. They allow the bags to be mounted lower.

·
Registered
23,463 Posts
It's too bad that US Saddlebags is no longer making black saddlebags and that they have sold out of the rest of their Victory mounts. I was looking at them last week.
Have you spoken to them? Does "sold out" mean the same as "We are never making any more"? How can they no longer make black bags?

·
Registered
23,463 Posts
So the Tsukayu bag them selves don't hold up or the the hardware doesn't? If you're talking about the bags themselves I'm Curious did you buy the ABS or fiberglass? do you have any picture of how they're not holding up?
They have likely changed since I got mine... it's been several years... but neither the leather covering, the bags themselves, or the hardware held up well. I wasn't aware there was an ABS/fiberglass choice. I'm not going to pull them out of the loft to take pictures, sorry. I spent $620 to replace them, if that's any indication.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey all,

Thanks in advance!

viking bags make a quick release bracket for vics that you can attach to any bags and there lockible not super close fitting but the work great

Hey all,

Thanks in advance!

Hey all,

Thanks in advance!

Viking bags make a quick disconnect bracket for the vics not the tightest fit in the world but they're lockable and you can put them on any bag

·
Registered
174 Posts
Have you spoken to them? Does "sold out" mean the same as "We are never making any more"? How can they no longer make black bags?
Got me???? I was disappointed.

Here's what pops up. Since they stopped making black bags odds are the Vic mounts are done too.

·
Registered
174 Posts
viking bags make a quick release bracket for vics that you can attach to any bags and there lockible not super close fitting but the work great View attachment 520331

Viking bags make a quick disconnect bracket for the vics not the tightest fit in the world but they're lockable and you can put them on any bag
When I talked with Viking bags I was told they no longer carry Vic quick release mounts so I bought my "Easy Brackets" elsewhere. They are who was supplying Viking.

·
Registered
174 Posts
looks like victoryonly.com has some tighter fitting ones
Those are the "Easy Brackets" I was speaking of. They fit about as tight as they can on my Vegas while allowing clearance for the belt drive.

I'm just not a big fan of how the Viking bags fit, they sit to high for my taste do to the way the top is hinged and swings to the inside. Mine are mounted as low as possible. On a Hammer or Jackpot the fender strut is lower so the Viking bags could be mounted lower.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They have likely changed since I got mine... it's been several years... but neither the leather covering, the bags themselves, or the hardware held up well. I wasn't aware there was an ABS/fiberglass choice. I'm not going to pull them out of the loft to take pictures, sorry. I spent $620 to replace them, if that's any indication.
Details? Rock Chips? Holes? superficial damage or are the things Falling apart? In my opinion they're probably the best looking aftermarket bags, I'm not really interested in the vinyl wrapped option, Id probably go with painted.

·
Registered
23,463 Posts
Details? Rock Chips? Holes? superficial damage or are the things Falling apart? In my opinion they're probably the best looking aftermarket bags, I'm not really interested in the vinyl wrapped option, Id probably go with painted.
Failing hardware, bags cracking, weatherstripping coming apart and falling off, they were leather wrapped and that shrunk up and peeled off.

Oh yeah, they look GREAT! Match the lines of the bike, hold a lot... but... they are a cheap Chinese product. Buy some... take your chances... maybe they have improved over time. Personally, I am so over cheap Chinese junk.

The American made US Saddlebags units are like an anvil in comparison.

In my opinion (I've has lots of bags on lots of bikes) the Tsukayu bags are too big and heavy for an EZ-bracket type of attachment. I had mine on a 4-point mount and they still didn't hold up. It's not the same as mounting some little leather Vikings, trust me.

·
Registered
174 Posts
The American made US Saddlebags units are like an anvil in comparison.
The US Saddlebags do look like a great bags, I was quite disappointed when I found out they were out of Victory mounts and done making black saddlebags... I wonder why? :think:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts