VOG Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently ride a '06 HD StreetGlide. I'm about ready to pull the trigger on a 8Ball Vision. I currently live in PA, but I'm relocating to Calif next year. I like loud. What are the loudest pipes available for the 8Ball Vision? For anyone familiar with Calif laws.............are there any problems registering an out of state bike without stock pipes?

·
Registered
717 Posts
I would like to see a set of the RPW Ceramic pipes on an 8Ball Vision.
I have not heard one yet, but think they look the best.
Plus have nothing but good things to say about RPW.

·
Registered
6 Posts
keep your stock pipes,,put them back on when you go get cali reg,,,iv heard a few diff exhaust on visions here in az,CFR is very deep and throaty,,,some guys cut out baffels from stock pipes,loud but sounds like rattling tin can,,

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have my 09 street the same as a 8-ball with the ceramic RPWs and love them. Loud and deep.

If you buy your bike out of state and register it there first you'll be ok to reg it here in CA as long as it has the stock pipes. If you move her then buy it out of state without registering it out of state first you wont be able to register it here until it has 7500 miles on it. Dumb I know...
Once it stops raining here I'll take some pictures of mine with the RPWs on it

·
Registered
23,463 Posts

Lloydz recommended the Thundersticks by Thunderheaders.
Lloydz Vision cams, Lloydz intake plate & fuel controller, and the Tthundersticks... installed and tuned $1,800.00... 111 HP/111 TQ with a torque graph that looks like a tabletop. Triple digit torque at like 2200 RPM.
Get the sound AND wake that puppy up!

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
I run theLevel 2 pipes with no Baffles. I do have a larger end cap, but it does sound good. Lloyd cams are a must. The RPW pipe will look better IMO in Black!

·
Registered
92 Posts
The 7500 miles to import into california registration thing was declared illegal several years ago. My son fought this when he first moved there. About 3 months after he bought his new truck they repealed the law.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone. I'm going out to Calif this April for a visit and will bestopping bythe Arlen Ness store. I'll run these tips past their techs and see what's available.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Candyman said:
The 7500 miles to import into california registration thing was declared illegal several years ago. My son fought this when he first moved there. About 3 months after he bought his new truck they repealed the law.
I haven't heard anything about it being repealed. Here is the link where I got my information from:

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/brochures/fast_facts/ffvr29.htm

·
Registered
23,463 Posts

papapat1 said:
Thanks everyone. I'm going out to Calif this April for a visit and will bestopping bythe Arlen Ness store. I'll run these tips past their techs and see what's available.
You only need one web link:
http://www.quickvic-usa.com/
The guru of all things Victory. If Lloyd tells you a mosquito can pull a plow, start making a little tiny plow harness....

·
Registered
42 Posts
If you modify your Vision, keep all your stock parts and bring them with you to CA.

It has been illegal since 1980 (under the Clean Air Act) to modify any component of any motor vehicle that effects its emissions. California takes air quality very, very seriously and has been seeking (and was recently granted) a federal exemption to impose even more stringent emissions regulations.

Given the status of the state budget (coupled with the fact that they are attempting to regulate the emissions of lawn mowers) I would be very surprised if motorcycles continue to enjoy the exemption from smog testing in CA. If this testing becomes mandatory then any aftermarket exhaust system you install will have to be C.A.R.B. certified (and so marked).

The legislation requiring testing was withdrawn by it author last year; but my bet is that its only a matter of a very short time before it returns and is passed.

The bottom line is that , once testing becomes mandatory, any motorcycle that has been modified will probably have a very tough time keeping a plate.

Your dealer is going to love this regulation as his service department is going to be booked solid bring bikes up to standard for testing; and it will create more "green industry" jobs. Who says CA is not business friendly?

As regards the 7500 mile rule that only applied to California residents buying an out of state vehicle and importing it into CA.

If that vehicle does not have at least 7500 miles then the DMV classifies it as a NEW Vehicle for the purposes of setting registration and license fees. Which means that they use MSRP as the value irrespective of the amount that you paid. That can result in very expensive tags.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.