VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
Well....they've been stalling me since March 20. I've talked to them a 4 or 5 times since then. I'm always next in line...
Seriously!? The way everyone was praising them made me think they were 100% solid. Guess not.

If they've had you waiting since March and it's almost August then something is really hinkey with them.

This is for a tune you recorded then sent via email to them to get dialed in?

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
Sturgis maybe?

I haven't seen any posts from Ryan since June on FB though....

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
The demand for Maximus and remote tuning has grown exponentially. He is trying to keep up with the demand. He will take care of you. And it will be well worth the wait.

That said, he and I have just partnered up. We are both remote tuning bikes daily, so if there is anything I can do to help you, please let me know. My cell number is 832.473.2959
I would be happy to send you a Maximus/License and provide remote tuning services.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ryan has already billed me for my lloydz air filter and remote tune. im here in Canada so add another 30% on the price, its a lot of money... should have received air filter last week, but nothing... tried calling Ryan for tracking number but haven't been able to reach him...

·
Registered
158 Posts
Imma go out on a limb here.....

I respect the folks who have expressed their support and encouragement to Ryan/801 Motorworx. I'm all for them, Ryan, and the remote tune concept. It's great the concept has grown "exponentially". However, when you take someone's money in advance on 3/20/2018 and tell them 3-4 weeks out, and its 4 months later....and the paying customer has never heard a word. Not a call. Not an email. Not a text. Not a letter. Not a single update. Nothing....zero....zip....nada....

There is no published email address to communicate with, and if you call, you don't get a pickup, and the vm box is full.... When you do get a live person, and they tell you "you're next", or "we're shipping the stuff from Norfolk on Monday", and another month goes by with nothing....you have to wonder.

I don't care how great your skill is, or how great your product /concept is, good business is relational. If you are a 1 man shop, or a 100 man shop, here is some truth: 1) you have to communicate with your customers 2) don't commit to something you can't deliver 3) be honest, whether it is good news or bad news 4) don't make excuses, own your stuff, and make things right. If you can do this, you will be successful and build a customer base that will return, and gladly refer business to you. If not, you will struggle, and your customers will go elsewhere.

I'm patient. It'll all be fine one way or the other. I'm still looking forward to the box from Utah....

·
Registered
960 Posts
Ryan has already billed me for my lloydz air filter and remote tune. im here in Canada so add another 30% on the price, its a lot of money... should have received air filter last week, but nothing... tried calling Ryan for tracking number but haven't been able to reach him...
I feel like I dodged a bullet. I'm in Canada too. I figured by the time all was said and done I was probably going to be in for at least 1100 canadian. I would NOT be happy with what I'm reading. Are you buying the Maximus or borrowing? I assumed you had to buy it..or has he not billed for that yet?

·
Registered
960 Posts
Imma go out on a limb here.....

I respect the folks who have expressed their support and encouragement to Ryan/801 Motorworx. I'm all for them, Ryan, and the remote tune concept. It's great the concept has grown "exponentially". However, when you take someone's money in advance on 3/20/2018 and tell them 3-4 weeks out, and its 4 months later....and the paying customer has never heard a word. Not a call. Not an email. Not a text. Not a letter. Not a single update. Nothing....zero....zip....nada....

There is no published email address to communicate with, and if you call, you don't get a pickup, and the vm box is full.... When you do get a live person, and they tell you "you're next", or "we're shipping the stuff from Norfolk on Monday", and another month goes by with nothing....you have to wonder.

I don't care how great your skill is, or how great your product /concept is, good business is relational. If you are a 1 man shop, or a 100 man shop, here is some truth: 1) you have to communicate with your customers 2) don't commit to something you can't deliver 3) be honest, whether it is good news or bad news 4) don't make excuses, own your stuff, and make things right. If you can do this, you will be successful and build a customer base that will return, and gladly refer business to you. If not, you will struggle, and your customers will go elsewhere.

I'm patient. It'll all be fine one way or the other. I'm still looking forward to the box from Utah....
Well said. I had a feeling he was booking a ways out. Honestly, what made me change my plan to go Maximus was I couldn't find enough contact info options ( wasnt going to do a phone call at 50 cents a minute) or enough info in general.

Hope it all works out for you

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Already billed and paid, which cost approx. $1000 Canadian... When I first got in touch with Ryan, he told me he was able to sell a license, so I didn't need to buy a maximus.. He said there is one in the remote tuning kit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Guys. I work VERY hard to make everyone happy. I work 7 days a week... from dawn to after dusk. That being said, I sometimes do fall short. I also work very hard to make things right in such events. Our volume is very high right now. I’m finding myself in the weeds!
I just now returned from a very well needed week long vacation. I hopped on my Victory and did a 2,000 mile loop west, down the pacific coast- then back east to Utah. My phone was off for 99 percent of this. I’m answering all of the above issues this second. Thanks guys and gals.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just need to send a note in support of Ryan I did wait a bit for the kit to make it but some of it was my issue. When I did get the kit and we were able to get a time set the experience was GREAT. Ryan is great person to work with and very knowledgeable on what he is doing.
It is well worth the wait on what the finished product is !!
Thanks Again Ryan sorry about the load pipes on your ears!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey guys, my initial question was asking if anyone has heard from Ryan. It wasn't to slam him, was just curious if anyone had heard from him.

Hey Ryan glad you had a great ride.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Guys. I work VERY hard to make everyone happy. I work 7 days a week... from dawn to after dusk. That being said, I sometimes do fall short. I also work very hard to make things right in such events. Our volume is very high right now. I'm finding myself in the weeds!
I just now returned from a very well needed week long vacation. I hopped on my Victory and did a 2,000 mile loop west, down the pacific coast- then back east to Utah. My phone was off for 99 percent of this. I'm answering all of the above issues this second. Thanks guys and gals.
Hey brother, kudos to you. You stepped into a thread where a number if implications were being made that were negative in nature. You could have avoided it and moved on with life. But communicating even in the midst of this goes a long way. That's good business.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I can appreciate your comment, but to be honest, I don't believe anyone said anything negative. They where only stating their experience and opinion. Good business is staying in communication with your customers so they are informed about what's going on. And yes i'm sure Ryan is busy and we can all appreciate that, but we are all busy with work and day to day lives as well.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.