VOG Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the style and stripped down look of my new Kingpin 8-ball. I don't want to cover up a good looking bike with saddlebags.

I do want a place to keep my docs, shades, keys, cell phone, etc.

I've got the small luggage rack that I could strap something on. Concerned about suspension travel, and any type of fork mounted bag possibly rubbing or hitting the top of the front fender.
Not crazy about a magnetic tank bag solution. Don't want to have to carry it with me when I get where I'm going.

What are experienced 8-ball owners doing for storage?

Thanks in advance for your feedback!
Greg

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Looking good is an issue. I have a rack where the passinger pad goes on my KP. I mount a small bag there.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts

This is the tool bag I put on my Hammer. Should blend in pretty well on a 8-ball. As you can see I still have plenty of room below it so it will never touch my fender. I just bought this through JC Whitney. If I remember right it's 12" x 4" x 4". I keep my paper work, several pairs of glasses, a cargo net and still have a little bit more room in it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
for ownership insurance and that type of paperworkI put it all in one of the plastic sleeves you get from your insurance company. I attached some adhesive velcro to that that sleeve and the other half of the velcro to the of inside of the side cover. just velcro together and put side cover back on. Works great never forget it at home and always ther if you need it. As for cell phones etc still looking for the right solution for that as well.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I have a small River Road bag strapped to the handlebars. It was about $20. It is large enough to hold papers, sunglasses, gum, earphones, wallet and my keys. It is imitation leather with velcro closing. Can block the view to the indicator lights, but I flip it up to check fuel when I want to view. The only real down side is that it rubs somewhat on the tank and has slightly marked the tank from the stock safety sticker still on the tank. Another worthwhile add-on in my opinion. I have flirted with the idea of rear bags, but can't bring myself to ruin the look of a stripped down solo pin. I don't travel long or far enough to justify using any other bag.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.