7Jurock Windshield Review | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

7Jurock Windshield Review

Discussion in 'Victory Cross Roads' started by scooter1, Jun 13, 2016.

1. scooter1

scooter1 Member

I just wanted to recommend a great company with excellent customer service, which is rare to see these days.
    I ordered a windshield for my Cross Roads from 7Jurock, over the phone with Sonia in customer service. I ordered a standard height windshield with a light tint and with the flip.
    When I got the shield and held it up, it was actually 2" too tall, because the flip brings the windshield closer to the driver, and the perceived height is taller.
    After a call to Sonia, she sent me a shipping label, and told me they would actually start working on my new windshield, while they were waiting for the old one to be returned. I ordered a minus 2" from mid-height, which I estimated would account for the flip.
    I got the new windshield a few days after my return was delivered, and it is actually one of the nicest options I've added to the bike. The wind comes right up and over my helmet, and makes for a very comfortable ride, and the light grey tint looks very sharp.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. recumbentbob

recumbentbob Well-Known Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2014 Cross Country Tour
    She treated me right too on a shield for my CCT. I too got the flip and light tint. Love it.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Geoff_C

Geoff_C Active Member

Cross Roads Classic, Hard Bags,Custom paint,Light bars,Chrome Clutch Arm,Chrome Primary Cover and Rear Trans. Cover & sprocket cover,Ness Chrome engine covers,2`` pullback Bars,heated Grips.P.C.5, Lloyds timing wheel & filter,1/4 turn throttle ring .
    Wow Scooter the windscreen looks great If I lived in the USA I would buy it from you but the postage to Australia along with our dollar being way down is way over the top so my loss ( bugger ) . I hate the USPS postage cost for international shipping. All the best with the screen I know anyone with a cross roads would love it , so it should sell quickly. I got my Original screen cut down but the guys that did it marked the screen plus I took too much off and get buffeting now that I never had before. I have brand new Victory screen that is way too high for me in the box it came in ,shame our Cross roads are not popular here in as they are over in the USA as I would have chance to see it ,they are over $700.00 AUD here for the OME screen.

4. s-glide76

s-glide76 Member

15 Victory CCT, 15 Triumph Scrambler, 97 Electra Glide, 76 Superglide, 06 Kaw KLR 650..
    I have also bought a windshield for my Cross Country from 7jurok. Great service and great product.

Geoff, they have a good website with all their contact info. Call them, I bet they could help you out.

5. Geoff_C

Geoff_C Active Member

Cross Roads Classic, Hard Bags,Custom paint,Light bars,Chrome Clutch Arm,Chrome Primary Cover and Rear Trans. Cover & sprocket cover,Ness Chrome engine covers,2`` pullback Bars,heated Grips.P.C.5, Lloyds timing wheel & filter,1/4 turn throttle ring .
    Thanks I have looked at their web site . It is not so much about the USD as it is also about the cost of USPS add the two together and the price works out to be times 2.5 of what the advertised USD price is. Thats the worse about living in Australia as we get slogged so much by the postage.

6. Redrider

Redrider Active Member

Custom Modified
    Ordered a 21 inch 7jurock flip windshield for my vision from Witchdoctors. Didn't like the distortion on the bottom of the flip. Distracting and dangerous. The 7jurock return policy states I can return it. My dime. No flip this time. After 60$ shipping through FedEx ( there was still a month of riding left..go with snail mail folks 33$) I recieved a defective shield with a 25 cent sized distortion top right. I suspect it was a return that they pawned off on me. Things must be tight in California with all the fires, so I'm not surprised on the rip off tactics. All I wanted was a defective free windshield. I know how these things go, so if it cost me a little more then that was ok with me. No go. 7jurock told me to F Off !!! I'm glad I bought it through W.D.'s . They tried to deal with 7jurock but finally gave up and gave me a gift card that I'll take a loss on. Good on Witchdoctors from my standpoint and worthy of my repeat business. Up front it's a 100$ cash loss on my part, my time, to and fro, here and there for mailings, and frustration were freebies! My advice is to go with clearview as they are ramping up on the vision windshield over the winter. Lifes to short to deal with this terrible BS from 7jurock.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 2
  7. jmstang302

jmstang302 Well-Known Member

2009 Vegas 2008 VISION 2013 XC. 13 Vegas 8 Ball
    Ouch. I was going to have my wife get me a new shield for the XC. Now I have to rethink the source...

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. VicVisionBulldog

VicVisionBulldog VOG Police Chief Staff Member Moderator

Top Poster Of Month

13' Vision Tour / 08' Vision Street Premium
    I have ordered two shields directly from them and had nothing but great service. The distortion did take a little time to get used to but after a week or so I don't even notice it. It is not dangerous but then I do not look through my shield while riding. Ordering a 21 inch on a bike with an adjustable shield when the stock is 17.5 tells me the person in question is either very tall or likes to look through the shield. I could see how looking through could maybe be dangerous....but then that is not recommended. I went with the stock height on my 13 and I never raise it full. If I do I have to look through it so like I said a 21 must be getting looked through instead of over.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Redrider

Redrider Active Member

Custom Modified
    I'm 6'5 when I stand up straight! I ride with my windshield where I want it, but like to look through it when caught in a heavy rainstorm. At 21 inches this gives me the flexibility to roll it down out of sight and up for maximum protection when needed. I took a lot of time to figure out what will work from me. No newbe here. I don't helmet. Some don't ride in the rain or go interstate. Some...Byk nights only? It a matter of safety and customer choice. I prefer no distortions or defects on my windshield. 7jurok couldn't fill the bill.

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. jmstang302

I too prefer to look over, which is why I want a replacement. I've been looking thru the Vic (XC) flip shield, it's not an issue until it rains.

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. md2420

md2420 Well-Known Member

2014 Vision
    first of all...sorry to hear about your troubles. Nothing worse than just trying to get something “right” and getting the runaround.

similar to VVBs comment, I wonder why you would order such a large windshield AND add on the flip. That just seems very odd to me. Running a 21” when the stock is 17.5” I would expect it to be without a flip and you’d just look through it like a Goldwing.

ive been looking at 7jurock to replace my stock shield. I like to look over it, so was thinking a 15” with flip.

please tell us what your thought process was with the 21” w/flip.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. VicVisionBulldog

Top Poster Of Month

I know I have seen some crazy tall shields on some Wings.
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. jmstang302

Gives new meaning to "just get a minivan"

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Redrider

Redrider Active Member

Custom Modified
    21 inch flip..total for the windshield I thought would help with bugs as I'm tall and ride interstate often and bugs do find their way in over the top and thought the extra wind deflection from the flip would be helpful...but the flip was just a whim before ordering as there was no real info describing that the flip had standard refraction /distortion areas that was unpreventable in the manufacturing process, if that had been mentioned I would not have opted for the flip.... ..the refraction was eye level with the flip...(the inch or so where they have to bend it.. bending plastic causes refraction distortion) A no flip 21 inch was perfect, for my height. My recommendation is to figure out the height you want and forget the flip. The windshield goes down like 5 inches or more , so even with a 21 it goes low enough not to be noticed at low speeds or whatever when you just want the shield out of sight. The other option I thought about was to order one a little too high and cut it to where I want after test rides. Not hard to do, just don't drink and cut ! Clearview is working on a version. I'll wait.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. VicVisionBulldog

Top Poster Of Month

I like the flip because I can keep the shield lower and still send the air up and over. If I wasn't the air in my face I just lower it all the way. But of my bikes have flip shields. One a 7Jurock and the other a tinted Ness shorty.