VOG Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does $259.95 plus tax compare to other areas for the first (500 mi) service?

·
Registered
657 Posts
Maybe a little high but in the ballpark.

Good luck

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
what all did they do?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bubba,

They haven't done it yet. It's scheduled for May 4. That is just their standard price. It seems kind of high to me, but not much I can do about it. I generally do the oil changes myself, but I have the dealer do the initial service.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
I negotiated the first 2 services into my deal ;-)

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
I would want an itemized list of what they plan on doing for that money.
My dealer charges 77 bucks for an oil service. So you have something to go by for that.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
If he truely did the 500 mile service It could cost that much. Get a list of work performed.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
According to the kid I talked to at the service desk it's $260 every 2500 miles. I'll do it the first time, but I I'll do my own oil changes. I think as long as I have the receipts for the oil and document when it was changed I should be OK on the warranty.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Just under $280 for me. 2 hours labor and the oil change kit. I did not get an itemized list of checks performed, but I did get the list of things they tightened and adjusted.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm going to talk to the service manager tomorrow and find out what they do for the 500 mile check up. I'm also go to ask him about what a normal oil change costs. I can't believe it would be that much every time.

·
Registered
398 Posts
They will adjust the cables and belt. Change the oil and filter and lube shifter and brake pivot points. They will lube the clutch cable ends. The nuts and bolts check.......well when you clean your bike and detail it anything loose will quickly become evident. What really is there to do on these machines?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I have been doing my own maintenance-home/auto/motorcycles/etc. since I was a kid.I did my Vision's 500 mile service for the cost of a filter & oil and it took me every bit of six hours (couple of hours a night for three nights) to go through everything and document what I'm pretty sure would have been glossed over in a shops hurry to get it out and move onto the next bike-"inspect what you expect". There is not another human being on this planet that cares more about my motorcycles than me, riding a well maintained bike gives me as much pleasure as working on them.Brian

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.