VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my Vision a couple of months ago and talked to the dealer about the five year warranty. He said I would be recieving the paperwork directly from Victory since he wasn't the one selling the warranty. It made sense to me but today I recieved my VRA paperwork and nothing about the warranty.
Does anyone know how long this process takes?
Thanks
Don

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
If I was you I would keep a copy of my invoice showing the warranty was purchased in case you have to go to another dealer for work. I ALWAYS get a copy of the warranty and keep it on the bike. No copy no deal, I walk. When I bought my Ranger Ford extended the warranty out an extra year and the dealer tried give me some piece of paper. I said, my truck and serial number will be on the new paperwork or I walk. 10 minutes later the paperwork was properly filled. You pay for it you get it no discussion. In your case it may only be the form to activate the warranty but it's proof you bought it just in case.

·
Registered
62 Posts
RedRyder said:
If I was you I would keep a copy of my invoice showing the warranty was purchased in case you have to go to another dealer for work. I ALWAYS get a copy of the warranty and keep it on the bike. No copy no deal, I walk. When I bought my Ranger Ford extended the warranty out an extra year and the dealer tried give me some piece of paper. I said, my truck and serial number will be on the new paperwork or I walk. 10 minutes later the paperwork was properly filled. You pay for it you get it no discussion. In your case it may only be the form to activate the warranty but it's proof you bought it just in case.
Its nice to have the paper work BEFORE you leave the dealer... but fact remains for some of us -- we already walked out.

Like Don asked, I have not recieved anything about the bike 5 year warranty. I will call victory this week and ask for them to send paper work.

Speaking of getting stuff -- I was told that since I bought a new bike I get a one year membership to Victory Riders Association, haven't gotten that card in the mail either! Any suggestions there???

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

There was no paperwork available from the dealer because it was an offer from the factory. If I had purchased the four year extended I would not have walked out without something.
Reds, it took two months to get the VRA stuff, the last Vic I purchased it took about three months.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Bought my 2009 Kingpin on Nov. 23rd...recieved my VRA stuff yesterday. Gonna be calling Victoryt just to remind them I'd like to have my 4 year extended warranty in my hands....Thanx for the reminder.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Bought mine in March / April & by the time it came I almost threw it away as junk mail...come to think of it I haven't filed it or seen it recently...

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
" If the warranty was entered it will show up in the unit inquiry..." That's the whole statement right there. Back in '99 some dealers like mine never entered any warranty data. When Lloyd was going to replace my tranny Victory said they had NO record of it. What ever the excuse from the dealers gave for not doing it did not matter to me it was almost a pain. The old rule I pay for it I get it. I faxed a copy of the paperwork to Lloyd and he faxed to Victory and they gave the greenlight. I know some owners went through hell trying to clear the warranty paperwork up. If you don't have written proof even a court of law doesn't want hear you.
You did not service Victory back at that time did you Kevinx?

There always has to be a form to fill out. In the state of CT EVERYTHING has to be in writing.

·
Registered
155 Posts

With the extended warranty you dont get anything that shows you have it. Like Kevin said you have to the dealer or call Polaris and they can run your info to make sure you are in the system. When your 1st year from the factory comes close to expiring you will get form letters from Victory asking if you would like to buy the extended warranty. This is when I called them and they said it is just a form letter that they send to everyone. Then they gave me another phone number were I was able to verify if indeed I had the extended warranty.I think the phone number is
1-866-576-5274. That is customer service for polaristar.

·
Registered
27 Posts

I purchased my Victory on November 13 and on December 18 I recieved a letter in the mail from Polaris. It showed my Vehicle Service Contract No# and showed effective date 11/13/09, expiration date 11/13/14. It shows all my vehicle information and what my deductible is.
It also stated that if there were any discrepancies to contact my dealer or call them immediately to make corrections.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Your warranty is in your owners manual..right where they hid it.

The factory 1 year warranty is what it is, and the "5 year" warranty promotion is a shameful play on words. It is the 1 year warranty, and a 4 year Polaristar extended warranty.

Yes, I found that out the hard way. My dealer flat-out lied to me.

You should have signed a form at the dealer that clarified you recieved the owners manual. That is the legal CYA for the warranty that is inside it.... it is your duty to read it....
My dealer conveniently forgot to have me sign that, and mailed it to me a week later.

Had he had me sign it then he would have had to come clean on his lies about the 5 year warranty... It is only 1 year, and is clear in the manual. But, there are some interesting issues (emission things) that get longer coverage...

Happy reading.

·
Registered
62 Posts

I guess I am not the ONLY person who has had a dealer FLAT OUT LIE to you!
I called polaris today -- was told I need the paper work in front of me to compete the order.
So make sure if you call the number provided by Losman
1-866-576-5274. That is customer service for polaristar. Then you have your purchasing information in front of you.
I am not dealing with my dealer, Ill got directly throughcustomer service myself.
Best of luck!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.