VOG Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2016 cross country 3 weeks ago myself and my wife went for a ride first-year no problem 2nd gear no problem 3rd gear no problem as soon as I shift it into fourth grinding and locked in place would not come out of 4th gear. I brought it to the dealer my bike still has warranty till 2024 they told me the c-clip had come off or broke and fourth gear shifted over a quarter of an inch and ground all the teeth off is this a common problem in all Victory 106 Transmissions or am I just the Unlucky bastard that if it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all?
Automotive tire Light Black Household hardware Composite material
White Light Product Automotive tire Font

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
Ouch.

On the 'other' forum, there's a guy with a Cross Country, I think it was a 2013 or 2014, where he also had a bad C clip. If the bike was running, and he leaned it over to the right (while stopped) you could hear a clacking like a gear was hitting. Bring it back up to center and it would go away...

·
Registered
6,846 Posts
I have heard of this happening exactly twice now. That doesn't make you unique, just damned unlucky. Been there my friend.. I had a steering head bearing go bad on my KP that took me like a year to fix. I had a ground wire pin get bent on my ECU plug on my 09 that no-one could figure out for over a year and made me swap the bike out in the end. Some of us are just 'blessed' to find the 1 in a million gremlins that haunt any machine made by man.

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
It’s not ‘common’ but it is a known issue. You’re very fortunate that your bike is under warranty! The repair requires a lot of work and labor. If you’ve ever thought about adding things like cams or a 117” kit, do it at the same time. The labor is already being covered by the warranty so any upgrades will be the cost of the parts only.

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
It's not 'common' but it is a known issue. You're very fortunate that your bike is under warranty! The repair requires a lot of work and labor. If you've ever thought about adding things like cams or a 117" kit, do it at the same time. The labor is already being covered by the warranty so any upgrades will be the cost of the parts only.
I agree, as most would, but good luck getting a "dealer" to think that way. Plus, would you trust just any dealer to install a big bore kit? Several of the dealers around my area can't even perform a proper oil change on a Freedom 106 engine.

·
Registered
6,846 Posts
No joke.. buddy of mine was trying to support a local shop so he brought his bike in to get an oil change. Next time he went to change it it took the 2 of us and a breaker bar, a BIG one, to break loose the drain plug. I still have no idea how we didn't strip out the threads.
The idea about adding performance parts while the bike is torn down isn't a bad one, but I'd damn sure want to have a shop with a good rep do it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.