VOG Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - just wondering if anyone know FOR SURE what the scoop is on the "49 state, 50 state" thing they have in the catalogue. I'm looking at a set of Stage 1 Level 1 for my Vision, and the price diff is like almost 200 bucks up here in Canada.
Using my logic - twisted as it may be:
50 state (being the more expensive) would be for California, given the anti-pollution laws, etc.
49 state would be for everyone else.

Any "setting straight" appreciated!

TIA
Rick

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
You are correct. The "50 state" tag would be to include the Peoples Republic of California. The rest of those 49 states are actually part of the Country directly to the south of you.

....in all seriousness, the "50 states" pipe are only REQUIRED if your primary residence and where the bike is registered is California.

·
Registered
84 Posts

Ok...same problem...any dealer here in canada that try to order the 49e state exhaust , there system default to the 50 state...
So i try to order them from a dealer from Maine , USA...same thing happen..
i even gave him the part # for the 49 state pipes and when he punch it in ..it default to the 50 state pipes.He couldn't order the 49 state..that was 1 month ago..
EPA is changing...Good Luck on that one..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nope - I'm riding an '09. Actually I just got an answer from my dealer, who tells me that after he did some calling around, I need the 49 state pipes - so apparently he can get hold of them. We'll see what the bottom line ends up being LOL. I'll keep you posted once I get it all done.

-Rick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.