VOG Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
40 years. 40 years since I found out how much fun 2 wheels and a motor could be.
A short story of how I got here and a little bike history. Some of my favorite bikes.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Great story! Thanks for sharing it with us. The mini-bike is very cool! I would have loved to have one, but the folks wouldn't even discuss it. I had a few friends who had them and would sneak a ride whenever possible.

When my neighbor got a Benelli mini-bike and he let me ride it, I was hooked.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Thanks Andy!
After the third time that the police had stopped me, they told my mom that I should sell it.
That was the end of my mini-bike.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have often wished I had taken pictures of all my rides over the years - just look what the result could have been - very cool memories and an awesome job!!!

·
Registered
1,276 Posts

Awesome!!! I have photos of my first bike etc. But my riding history only goes back a little over 3 years.
I really like the one of you and your dad.
The "1969 HI.... H1 8-ball?" I saw the tear drop & did a double take! Love the anology.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Drew said:
I have often wished I had taken pictures of all my rides over the years - just look what the result could have been - very cool memories and an awesome job!!!
Thanks Drew!
I glad I still have these pictures and I wish I would have taken more.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FishWitch said:
Awesome!!! I have photos of my first bike etc. But my riding history only goes back a little over 3 years.
I really like the one of you and your dad.
The "1969 HI.... H1 8-ball?" I saw the tear drop & did a double take! Love the anology.
Thanks Syd.
When I got the H1 it was red, I have always liked black bikes and I didn't have the extra money
to have it painted so I painted it blackwith spray cans. I even painted the fork legs.
A black bike with very little chrome was very unusual in the 70's. I had people tellme itlooked evil.
Cool!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Thanks Rollin, that was a great story, it brought back memories for me as well, I had a mini bike similar to that one, it was my first bike. I remember the chain broke on it & I asked Dad at the age of 9 for a new master link so I can fix it. Wouldn't you know it he came home with a whole new bike & the rest is history!! Thanks again Rollin

·
Registered
342 Posts
Very cool story with pics Rollin. I had a similar mini bike when I was 7, my first experience was my Dad giving me instructions from in front of the bike, what a mistake. All I remember is him telling me how to turn the throttle and and not a word after that registered, then I goosed it, ran him over, and kept going, of course I had to cause if he would have caught me I wouldn't be here to tell this. We often laughed later about the white tee shirt with the tire tracks going straight across his chest. Ahhhhh memories.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.