VOG Forum banner

3RD Annual VOG Texas Hill Country Run

47441 1156
Alright, fellow VOGGERS, it's time once again to begin the planning and discussion of our 3RD Texas Hill Country Gathering. For all of you who have been to the last two events, I don't need to tell you how much of a great time is awaiting you. AND, to those who have not yet attended, but have followed our discussions both before, during and after the Rides, you are hereby invited to join in the riding and camaraderie, the sheer joy, laughter, food and late night "smokers" that take place during the all too short five day event that happens in the Heart of the Texas Hill Country.

Based out of the Hotel 8 in Kerrville, Texas (it's a whole lot nicer than you might think) we meet, ride and informally plan each days next adventure. Sometimes it becomes an impromptu series of stops to take in the local flavor. The atmosphere is very friendly and relaxed. It is no longer true that "You meet the nicest people on a Honda".......It can now be said that they are riding Victory's.

The tentative dates are March the 27th through the 31st. That is arrival on Wednesday and departure on Sunday. Of course, some come and go as time permits, but the hotel availability will be blocked off for those dates. This time line has worked well in the past. But, before contracting with the Hotel, I need to hear from all prospective attendees. It is important to approach them with a reasonable number in order to maintain their continued cooperation. They have been most helpful in the past, and this is a relationship we wish to continue. Thank you and check your schedules and make your participation known

I will post all necessary Hotel reservation information within a few days, so keep watching and keep posting. Let's make it one more year of great riding and fun!!.............

.........ALERT!!............. The Official dates are April 3rd. through the 7th, 2019. Wednesday through Sunday. Super 8 by Wyndham in Kerrville, Tx. Book your room(s) and come join the fun. But, it is advised that this happen soon as they are filling up.

Right now, we have potentially 15 bikes. Of course, that will change, but it's a good showing for this early.

If you want more information, it can be found at the bottom of page 4.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
747 Posts
Why does God not want me to go down to Texas? One year on depart date, wake up to freezing rain and snow, another time, aunt goes to meet her maker, and now, my half the state is under water! My 27 mile drive to work has just become a 200+ mile drive to work. (they think they can clear one lane so we can wait in line and follow a pilot car tomorrow). My property came out ok, but family and friends are going to need some help. I know there is still time but a lot of things are going to have to happen just right. And now they are talking more rain this weekend, just what we need. Well have a great day all.

· Registered
747 Posts
Ozarks... a preliminary discussion should be had before the idea slips away. I feel like a simple question would get the ball rolling. Time of year that will be best bet for weather as well as everyone's scheduling. Spring, summer, or fall? If spring and summer works, it'll have to wait until next year, if fall works best, there might be hope for late this year for those that were tied up for the latest hill country ride. Area will be northwestern Arkansas.

So, let's take a quick poll. Spring, summer, or fall in the ozarks?
Not that my vote should count for much,(geez, I still want to ride the Texas hills) but my guess is the Ozarks are hot and sticky in the summer time, the fall sounds good to me as long it is not at harvest time. For some strange reason I would still like to meet and ride with you folks, any time, anywhere.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.