VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1157 Posts

·
Registered
9,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright, fellow VOGGERS, it's time once again to begin the planning and discussion of our 3RD Texas Hill Country Gathering. For all of you who have been to the last two events, I don't need to tell you how much of a great time is awaiting you. AND, to those who have not yet attended, but have followed our discussions both before, during and after the Rides, you are hereby invited to join in the riding and camaraderie, the sheer joy, laughter, food and late night "smokers" that take place during the all too short five day event that happens in the Heart of the Texas Hill Country.

Based out of the Hotel 8 in Kerrville, Texas (it's a whole lot nicer than you might think) we meet, ride and informally plan each days next adventure. Sometimes it becomes an impromptu series of stops to take in the local flavor. The atmosphere is very friendly and relaxed. It is no longer true that "You meet the nicest people on a Honda".......It can now be said that they are riding Victory's.

The tentative dates are March the 27th through the 31st. That is arrival on Wednesday and departure on Sunday. Of course, some come and go as time permits, but the hotel availability will be blocked off for those dates. This time line has worked well in the past. But, before contracting with the Hotel, I need to hear from all prospective attendees. It is important to approach them with a reasonable number in order to maintain their continued cooperation. They have been most helpful in the past, and this is a relationship we wish to continue. Thank you and check your schedules and make your participation known

I will post all necessary Hotel reservation information within a few days, so keep watching and keep posting. Let's make it one more year of great riding and fun!!.............

.........ALERT!!............. The Official dates are April 3rd. through the 7th, 2019. Wednesday through Sunday. Super 8 by Wyndham in Kerrville, Tx. Book your room(s) and come join the fun. But, it is advised that this happen soon as they are filling up.

Right now, we have potentially 15 bikes. Of course, that will change, but it's a good showing for this early.

If you want more information, it can be found at the bottom of page 4.

·
Registered
9,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Heard it's 32 degrees and snowing down there, what is it going to be like at the end of March?
A very pleasant 45 degrees. If you know the answer to that then get us some lottery tickets, will ya? Last year was fantastic. First day, wet, then perfect.

·
Super Moderator
26,874 Posts
Got a job for you, counting cars and directing traffic. That should keep you away from the phone. :hand: :crackup:
:( Alright but I'm gonna need some help. @jwfuchs1 take your boots off and help me count.

·
Super Moderator
26,874 Posts
Hate to be the party pooper here but I won't be able to make it unless it's pushed back to the first weekend of April as that will be my scheduled days off.
I don't think this new job is working out.

·
Registered
9,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sounds like they're expecting him to show up and work. I'd have a long talk with someone about that!

·
Registered
9,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
When I first spoke to my employer I thought things went very well........Turns out, we had a terrible misunderstanding.

I told them I wanted a job, but they gave me work! :22yikes:

·
Registered
9,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Excellent and yes, we will meet and ride together, most likely. Usually meet at Buckees.

1 - 20 of 1157 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.