VOG Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
Yea, but what's he going to stuff it into?

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
My Mazda3, might have to remove the hood.

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,677 Posts
Yikes, That is a big engine. Is this a one-off prototype? I don't think this engine has actually been run yet...

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
That's gonna be a WIDE left turn!
Turn? Not sure you could keep traction enough to turn. I see this and think of those videos of supercharged drag cars that chirp the tires at idle while putting around the parking lot.

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,677 Posts
I dunno, It looks pretty darned good but I don't see much of a street application for this beast! I'm guessing this is a new drag motor being developed. BTW, did you guys see all the pistons, con rods and other goodies hanging on the wall? Seems like a pretty fun place to be. I'm actually still trying to figure out if this is a small race shp or someone's garage!

Turn? Not sure you could keep traction enough to turn. I see this and think of those videos of supercharged drag cars that chirp the tires at idle while putting around the parking lot.
I thought the same. The torque that this engine is going to put out is going to be massive. And then there is the prospect of forced induction... :22yikes:

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
It's really an 88CU and the guy's a little person.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
And you thought you had a lot of heat against your legs!
:campfire_flames_md_wht:

• Haha
Reactions: KeepRidin!

·
Premium Member
14,202 Posts
OK....you knew it was coming....what kind of _____...does he use....you fill in the blank:biggrin:

·
Registered
17,951 Posts
OK....you knew it was coming....what kind of _____...does he use....you fill in the blank:biggrin:
No, no, it will be some kind of Purple Spectre - Rotellin advanced Quicksilver that is JASO-EPA approved 30W60 semi-mineral mix of carbon-ceramic, ah stuff.

As the mere mention of the "O" word will bring @slickvic out of the woodwork like a rat to a chunk of cheese....

Bet it will take one of these to start it:

Automotive tire Tire Font Sleeve Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
12,828 Posts
Oh no ! Not another battery thread ?

·
Registered
12,828 Posts
What is in your circuitry?

There is always this method:

View attachment 523061
It just doesn't have any excitement. How much different can batteries be ? I mean there's what .... 3 different types ? Lead Acid, AGM , Lithium.
I like the batteries at the battery bulb store.
$110 Duracell and extra mounting area on posts for accessories.
Oh boy. Now look at what we've done.

·
Registered
17,951 Posts
It just doesn't have any excitement. How much different can batteries be ? I mean there's what .... 3 different types ? Lead Acid, AGM , Lithium.
I like the batteries at the battery bulb store.
$110 Duracell and extra mounting area on posts for accessories.
Oh boy. Now look at what we've done.
Although I currently use the AGM, which is a glorified No Maint Lead Acid (limited life), I would prefer old school Lead Acid that I had to maintain. I usually get about 7-9 years and only 4 for the former.

Ni-Cad never made it onto the Cycle stage, but only had a limited success in aviation as they just failed or went into thermal run-away (so much fun) all of a sudden. The Companies I flew for went back to lead acid and then AGM, which appears not worth the expense. Standard Lead Acid may return, again...

Funny, 1890's tech still performs best and will wait and see about Lithium and mixed reviews at present as they are another HOT item as seen on the Boeing 777's.

:sparkplug1: :FIREdevil:

·
Registered
12,828 Posts
Rode today. Bike acted funny starting up then stalled. This happened 1/2 way thru the day. Hmmm.
Made it thru the day. Got home and checked battery. Both terminals loose and dirty. You know the drill. Perfect now. Fires right up.

·
Registered
17,951 Posts
Rode today. Bike acted funny starting up then stalled. This happened 1/2 way thru the day. Hmmm.
Made it thru the day. Got home and checked battery. Both terminals loose and dirty. You know the drill. Perfect now. Fires right up.
Had same issue 6 months ago and all that and still ended up changing the battery.

All good now...

Shorts Sky Plant Dress Street fashion

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.