VOG Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I LOVE THIS BIKE! Seriously, the more miles I get on it the better it is. Just did a couple of hundred miles today with my buddy on his new HD Ultra Classic, it's embarassing how much more power my Vic has!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I hear that!! Keep on embarassing him into submission, and if you can talk yourself into it let him take your bike for a spin. Do that and his next ride just may be to the Victory dealer.

·
Registered
368 Posts

I bought my XC in early May and have just shy of 3000 miles on it. so far I love it, quite a difference from my 8-ball. The only complaint I have is the fuel gage not being very accurate. Like others have mentioned, mine hangs up on full for the first 80-90 miles, then drops like a rock to 1/4 tank for awhile. Even when my gas light comes on, I struggle to get 4.3 gallons into it. Better safe than sitting on the side of the road I guess! Unless this thing suddenly falls apart or turns into a lemon (which I seriously doubt), I plan on keeping this bike a long time!
I added a 13 inch Cee Baileywindscreen along with lower deflectors...completely solved the wind buffeting issues and I have great rain protection now. Also added the driver backrest and pass backrest.
Leaving this coming Sunday for 7 days in the Black Hills before the Sturgis rally starts. Hoping to get some of the benefits (vendors) without the crowds, but really looking forward to the riding. Also planning a day trip out to Devils Tower. Cant wait to lock the cruise control in at about 80 mph on the interstate and crank up the tunes....my riding buddies are going to be jealous and I am hoping the couple harleys in the group can keep up ! ;-)

·
Registered
28 Posts

I purchased mine on May 13. I have over 6400 miles and got got back Sunday night from a 2765 mile solotrip from Maine to Ft Knox KY and back. I averaged 50 mpg. The only modifications are a 13" jurock shield and the short antenna. Absolutely loved the trip and the ride. Got looks and questions everywhere.
My thanks go to Victory of Louisville for getting me in on a very short notice oil change.
I did have a screaming eagle fat bob try to share a toll booth with me in Albany NY. I hammered it on the way out and he could not catch me. He pulled into the gas stop to see what just ran away from him. He couldn't believe it was stock and loaded for my trip. Of course I smiled as I passed him again later, waving with my right hand with the cruise on.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts

I just love it that NFIDEL waves with his right hand! It may be subtle, but it has a certain touch of class not often found in the motorcycle community. Hah, cracks me up: right hand wave!
eta moya dva rubles

·
Registered
20 Posts
apd4209 said:
I bought my XC in early May and have just shy of 3000 miles on it. so far I love it, quite a difference from my 8-ball. The only complaint I have is the fuel gage not being very accurate. Like others have mentioned, mine hangs up on full for the first 80-90 miles, then drops like a rock to 1/4 tank for awhile. Even when my gas light comes on, I struggle to get 4.3 gallons into it. Better safe than sitting on the side of the road I guess! Unless this thing suddenly falls apart or turns into a lemon (which I seriously doubt), I plan on keeping this bike a long time!
I added a 13 inch Cee Baileywindscreen along with lower deflectors...completely solved the wind buffeting issues and I have great rain protection now. Also added the driver backrest and pass backrest.
Leaving this coming Sunday for 7 days in the Black Hills before the Sturgis rally starts. Hoping to get some of the benefits (vendors) without the crowds, but really looking forward to the riding. Also planning a day trip out to Devils Tower. Cant wait to lock the cruise control in at about 80 mph on the interstate and crank up the tunes....my riding buddies are going to be jealous and I am hoping the couple harleys in the group can keep up ! ;-)
Were you with a few other Vics in a group heading towards Hulett Wed the 25th? I was out there, heading away from Hulett, with my silver/red TCD, a friend on his black Hammer, and his wife on her Sporty. Ran into a group by a construction zone. Thought maybe that was you.

·
Registered
398 Posts
A buddy was looking to purchase a new touring rig and had it down to an HD or the Victory. Rented a HD for a weeks riding. Once back home went to the Victory dealer for an afternoon test ride. Bought the 2010 Victory Vision Premium before he left the dealer. Has had the bike for 5 months now and absolutely loves the Vision.

·
Registered
368 Posts
BATMAN said:
apd4209 said:
Were you with a few other Vics in a group heading towards Hulett Wed the 25th? I was out there, heading away from Hulett, with my silver/red TCD, a friend on his black Hammer, and his wife on her Sporty. Ran into a group by a construction zone. Thought maybe that was you.
There was 8 of us in our group. 3 Vics, 3 Hondas and 2 HD's. We drove out to Devils Tower on Tuesday Aug 27th, and didnt go back out that direction any other day. Must have been someone else.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.