VOG Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Loading up and getting ready for my 3 week Florida riding trip starting this Sat and can't wait. Taking my Vision and my cousins Goldwing down in a trailer and meeting 4 other friends in Ocala . Leaving my truck and trailer at my sisters place in Ocala and all of us are riding all over Florida for the whole time we are there. 2 of the fellow riders have places on the Atlantic side around Cocoa Beach and the others have places around Clearwater and Tampa so we should have plenty of places to stay. I'm taking the Vision instead of the Magnum because of storage room and the Vision is way more comfortable on longer rides. Hope the weather cooperates with us ! I try and ride every time I visit my sister but never ride much as I want to spend the time with family while I'm there, this time I already have my yearly family visit done in June so we can put more time in riding ,, I'll visit with family while I'm there though, can't neglect family !

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
Sounds like fun Zebber! I hope you have a great time riding the state of FL. I've been there a few times, but never on a bike. I would venture to guess this is likely the best time of year to head that way for us Yanks. That summer humidity is a killer and I'm from the land of 11,000+ lakes.

·
Registered
9,246 Posts
Good for you. Enjoy and be safe. Sounds like a great time.
Shame you won't wear any of the rubber off the sidewalls, though.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good for you. Enjoy and be safe. Sounds like a great time.
Shame you won't wear any of the rubber off the sidewalls, though.
Ha , I'll do that when I get back to Ohio riding on the triple nickle (rt 555) outside of Athens. If you haven't rode that stretch of road you are missing a great ride. It's the dragons tail of Ohio. I have the sidewalls of the Magnum wore out on that road, fun as crap.

·
Registered
7,536 Posts
Clearwater was always my favorite place to stop have a few drinks and watch the sunset , never forget my first ride on a motorcycle over the Skyway bridge , Enjoy your trip

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Will do, I'm taking my Gopro with me also. I have a mount on the dash for it. I took it on my Shenandoah Valley/Skyline Drive ride this past summer and forgot to turn the darn thing on. Too busy looking at the mountain tops I guess.

·
Registered
140 Posts
You definitely gotta do the Skyway bridge. Nothing really scenic in central Florida but you picked the best time of the year to ride around here.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You definitely gotta do the Skyway bridge. Nothing really scenic in central Florida but you picked the best time of the year to ride around here.
Been across the skyway bridge many times but never on a bike. Got caught in a huge storm coming in from the Gulf once when my son and I were right on top of the bridge, wind was blowing really hard and it was raining so hard everyone had to stop, I wasn't very happy being 300 ft in the air on that bridge with the truck shaking around and it being pitch black and pouring the rain. My sister only lives about 30-40 minutes from the bridge in Dunnellon.

·
Premium Member
14,202 Posts
Thanks for the heads up, We'll try and avoid that. I hope we will try and take all of the side roads if we can.
Spent 3+ weeks there 3 years ago...Key West to Pensacola and places in-between. Kept track, just over 30 miles on expressways, mostly 2 lane. Make sure check out Apalachicola, great food at oyster bar at marina....if still there. That was our favorite town in Florida, old, hardly any traffic and QUIET!!:icon_thumleft:

Reactions: MagVic CCT

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I want to go to Kissimmee because my Father grew up in an old mission there ,it was called Intersession City at the time, other than that I have seen just about all of central Florida and all along both coasts. Haven't been to the Keys yet and that's one place we are headed for sure.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.