VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

To get the latest updates automatically,
Click on Subscribe (just left of the Quote tab) next line up,right corner.

The Weather'sLooking Great for this Weekend

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/index.php?product=fourteenday&placecode=caon0289&ref=wxeyewx14dayv2
New Thread
2nd Annual - Thunder Above The Falls- Ride
New

New this year - With the new school year just under way there are a few children that can't make it to class fortheir first time.
Since we had a great turn out last year, I thought that this year we could try something new, by Holding a Teddy Bear Drive and starting our ride dropping by and delivering stuffed Teddy Bears to the Children's Ward at McMaster Children's Hospital.
This is totally optional and I do not want anyone to feel pressured into participating.

http://www.mcmasterchildrenshospital.ca/

Comments Please
Saturday September 18th
Victory Owners of Ontario, OT-Can Group
We have set the date, for our 2nd Annual Fall Ride, Thunder Above The Falls
Friday - Meet & Greet - Locals & Out of Towners
When - To be held on Saturday September 18, 2010
Where - Starting from Peak Power Sports,4325 Harvester Road Unit 12 Burlington, Ontario, L7L 5M4 (905-681-7270)
Time - 9:00 am - Full Tanks - Empty Bladders
Depart - 9:30 Sharp
Lunch - The Boat House, Niagara Falls
Out of Town members - Meet amd Greet Friday Evening
Hotels -
1. Admiral Inn (QEW & Walkers Line) Close to Peak
3500 Billings Court, Burlington, L7N 3N6,
1-866-236-4661
2.Holiday Inn Burlington Hotel & Conference Centre
3063 South Service Road, Burlington, ON L7N 3E9 (905) 639-4443
hiburlington.ca

Link to last years Thread http://thevog.net/forums/display_topic/id_2286/
Please post or PM if you can make it.
(New)

Meet 9:00 am Coffee & Donnuts Supplied by Peak Powersports
Leave 9:30 am
Full Tanks - Empty Bladders

A Full day of riding through the countryside to the Niagara Parkway, stop for lunch, continue along the Niagara River through wine country anlong the shores of Lake Ontario, then ride the ridge along the escarpment. For those who want to participate we will have an evening get together at a local restaurant.

More information to follow.

Just keep watching the Lead Post for further updates.

Please post or PM me if you can make it.
Ride Safe: Alan/OT

·
Registered
4,895 Posts

I really want to attend but I have a strange noise coming from the trunk area of my Vision.
It sounds like "I don't to ride up Friday and home on Sunday"
If I can silence this noise without spending cash or getting arrested I will be there....

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Trekwolf164 said:
I really want to attend but I have a strange noise coming from the trunk area of my Vision.
It sounds like "I don't to ride up Friday and home on Sunday"
If I can silence this noise without spending cash or getting arrested I will be there....
Donna we all miss you up here, it's been a long year. We drove to New Hampshire to see you guys again but I herd Grumpy had to work or was it he was Grumpy because he had to work.
OT

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Thanks Mayor the noise is less loud now. Hopefully it will go silent...

·
Registered
814 Posts

Things are still uncertain for us. OT and Candubrain didn't make our decissionany easier for us on the weekend either. Talk about stir the pot !
I could be looking at a long ride fromBurlington to Ottawa that Sunday morning. Very early thatSunday morning.
Nepper

·
Registered
153 Posts
Great idea on the teddy bear run. It puts something a little extra special for this ride. Shoud be there with a small stuffed passenger. Hate that i missed the bancroft meet. But my sturgis trip ran my wallet dry :p

·
Registered
814 Posts

Well our decission has been made for us because the Christening has been moved up to Saturday the 18th, but it's all good. We'd have liked to make the ride however a grandchild's christening trumps everything else and we wouldn't miss it for the world. Maybe we'll get a chance to see you all again before the snow flies, we hope.
Nepper

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nepper said:
Well our decission has been made for us because the Christening has been moved up to Saturday the 18th, but it's all good. We'd have liked to make the ride however a grandchild's christening trumps everything else and we wouldn't miss it for the world. Maybe we'll get a chance to see you all again before the snow flies, we hope.
Nepper
Don't you just love it here on The VOG Forum.
It's filled with day to day Drama.
You're right, familys' come first, there will always be another ride.
Enjoy your family now, they may be looking after us down the road.
OT

·
Registered
814 Posts

Okay so when's the next ride? LOL
Are you going to post any photos from Bancroft? I'd really like to see the individuals with their bikes so I could put them into one of my albums. If I don't there is a good chance I'll forget names by next season. By the way, who are you? LOL

·
Registered
48 Posts

TOsmoketrail said:
Great idea on the teddy bear run. It puts something a little extra special for this ride. Shoud be there with a small stuffed passenger. Hate that i missed the bancroft meet. But my sturgis trip ran my wallet dry :p
Could someone kindly tell me what the heck that thing is in the background of this picture. Is it somekind of giant termite mound?

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
MtnRider said:
TOsmoketrail said:
Could someone kindly tell me what the heck that thing is in the background of this picture. Is it somekind of giant termite mound?
That's where they holdthe Pikes Peak Hill Climb.

·
Registered
48 Posts
As in Pike's Peak, CO? Thanks for the geo lesson ;-)

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
TOsmoketrail said:
Sorry guys. Thats the devils tower in Wyoming, one of many rides i went on while at the sturgis rally. The picture doesnt do it justice. its pretty big.
Thanks Jay for the update. LOL
Yes they were all asking after you in Bancoft.

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

As a majority of you are just finding out a benifit of belonging to our Victory Owners of Ontario Group.
An E-mail has been sent to all with the OT-Can designation informing you of our next event, our 2nd Annual Thunder Above the Falls Ride.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts

I think the gift (Teddy Bear) thing is a good thing, if this ride continues for years to come then it would be nice to pick a different hospital each year.
As for Nepper we could do the christening in the Niagara River
Regards

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I'd nix the Admiral Inn, paper thin walls, no good if you intend to sleep the night before.
If I go, I'll be staying at the Holiday Inn, Burlington. I stayed there 4 or 5 yrs ago, it was good.

http://maps.google.ca/maps/place?hl=en&client=safari&rls=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=holiday+inn+burlington&fb=1&gl=ca&hq=holiday+inn&hnear=Burlington,+ON&cid=10719697843306416287&pcsi=10719697843306416287,1

·
Registered
128 Posts
Sorry, guys, but I can't make it this time. I hope that the weather's great for you and that you have a safe ride!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Gab and I will not be able to make this trip, I will be gone moose hunting at that time. Have a great time and safe riding

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.