VOG Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks
Planning on our annual Kinc BBQ for Saturday May 15th, with a rain date of the 29th
Let me know of the numbers, more info to follow, keep an eye on OTCan for updates as well.
Andy, you going to make it this year?

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
Candubrain said:
Hi Folks
Planning on our annual Kinc BBQ for Saturday May 15th, with a rain date of the 29th
Let me know of the numbers, more info to follow, keep an eye on OTCan for updates as well.
Andy, you going to make it this year?
Andy said:
Meaning 2010
Next year, I'll do my best to make it. It sounds like you had a great time!

And, I like the idea of The VOG's Breath! Although, some Listerine might be in order!
You remembered also!!! LOL
Last years member attendees - The Original Six
Host - Candubrain, bobbyg, chris, spider, jjpot and OneThumb,see, we have room to make it bigger and better this for year.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts

Come on people, have you seen Candu's driveway ???
We could park at least 20 bikes there, and maby Chris will make it and me and him can put that " non-slip " coating on for Brian, lol.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
spider said:
We could park at least 20 bikes there, and maby Chris will make it and me and him can put that " non-slip " coating on for Brian, lol.
tell Chris I moved....LOL

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
spider said:
Like this?

·
Registered
128 Posts

I'd like to join you guys, but Kindardine's just too far away for a Saturday ride! But I hope that you have a good time, and I'll see you later this summer.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
DL1000 said:
I'd like to join you guys, but Kindardine's just too far away for a Saturday ride! But I hope that you have a good time, and I'll see you later this summer.
Where's home?

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey Folks
I've been chatting with OT, as I would like to make this an enjoyable ride for all, I'll need some input from you.
First look at this link for Mapquest, you will need to copy and paste this address in your browser bar as I am unable to directly link it.

I was in Thomboys last week, one or two of the dealer bikes might join us for the ride once we leave Owen Sound. As the route for most of you will be boring and straight, I am suggesting that we go to Wiarton via Grey Rd #1 from Owen Sound.
This is one of the best roads in the area, full of good twisties, scenic viewpoints of Colpoys Bay and for the most part very good pavement. Doing this ride will add about 50 minutes, (50Kms) to the ride to Kincardine from Owen Sound. We could also incorporate Oliphant and Sauble Beach passing through OneThumbs cottage area of Southampton, and ending in Kincardine, of course this will be longer still.

Having said all that, this brings me to point number 2. Depending on numbers it could make a long day to cook burgers for all as I have only one BBQ. I don't mind as long as you don't mind waiting. To process all (meaning to get the feed bag on all simultaneously) it might be best to stop at one of the many burger joints or restaurants along the route. We could spend more time up in Wiarton area, eliminating Kincardine all together, and thereby getting you home before dark. You are in Bruce/Grey County, expect to see wildlife starting at dusk. There is a great restaurant called the Harley Blues Cafe in Scone, it's owned an operated by a great gal (fellow rider), she is hit and miss as far as being open as she has had some poor health recently. But if she is open I guarantee you won't be dissapointed in the food or deserts, all home made.

Which brings me to point #3, if we ate along route, the time saved would allow us to ride home with our friends coming form the East, say to Airport Rd and down to #10, where we could separate. Airport Rd is very scenic and hilly, very twisty if we take the road to Mono on the way West

Anyway, I need 2 things, one to answer the Poll question I have posted, and two to send me a PM so that I have accurate numbers.

Thanks all and lets hope for good weather.
brian

·
Registered
15 Posts

Hey Folks Can't wait to see all these Machines Pull into Our Dealership! I plan on Riding along on .....hmmmmmm Probably the Tequila Gold Jackpot :eek:)...or should it be the Cory Ness Jackpot...
Stick

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thomboy_Stick said:
Hey Folks Can't wait to see all these Machines Pull into Our Dealership! I plan on Riding along on .....hmmmmmm Probably the Tequila Gold Jackpot :eek:)...or should it be the Cory Ness Jackpot...
Stick
I say, get another rep from the dealership to ride the 2nd and swap halfway.

·
Registered
15 Posts

Well Only 2 More sleeps!!
Thomboys will have the Pizza Ready and Some Refreshments!
As well Bring your ChromeFund Piggy Bank we have some Awsome Discounts arranged for you folks ONLY!
See you in Mount Forest!

·
Registered
7,141 Posts

UP DATE
Our First Official Ride, Meet & Greet for the 2010 Season

- Attention: OT-Can, VOG of Ontario, Canada & Peak Victory Riders & Guests
(Kincardine Ride Renamed)

Second Annual Ride to The Scenic GREY/BRUCE Area of Southern Ontatio.
May 15th (The Weather Looks Good, High 60's to low 70's F and sunny
May 29th still set as a rain date.
Respone has been great (20+ by the time we reach Owen Sound
-1st Meeting Point, Hamilton7:00 am

at Tim Hortons at Upper Ottawa & Stone Church Road
Departing 7:30 am Sharp
- 2nd Meeting Point, forthose coming from Toronto and London areas,
Town of Moriston on #6 Hwy just South of the 401 TowardsHamilton,
at a(Restaurant Called A Change of Pace) 7:45 am
We should be passing through there around 8:00 am Departing shortly there after.
- 3rd Meeting Point, For those meeting north of Guelph, #6 & Wellington Rd #7
There is a Yamaha Dealership there, 8:15 am
Departing 8:45 am
- 4th Meeting Point, Mount Forest Tims on #6 Hwy
est time there 9:45 -10:00am
- Destination Owen Sound,ThomboysHwy #6 & #21 for those who want to meet us there.
Our Est. arrival time 11:00-11:30am
Please Post or PM me as to where you want to meet so you don't get left behind.
Main Tread link, http://thevog.net/forums/display_topic/id_4326/
As for the Ride:
From Owen Sound following the shoreline North to Wiarton, on to Oliphant and down the shoreline to Sauble Beach, back to Owen Sound to Thornbury to CR-13 Beaver Valley Road for a scenic cruise of the area. Don't forget your Cameras
http://www.visitgrey.ca/travel-experiences/day-trips/scenic-beaver-valley-and-meaford/
More Updates to follow:
We are also thinking of stopping for a bite at,
http://www.greybruceyourway.com/barrhead-pub-grill
Ride Safe: OT

Schweinstall (Kincardine)
Nepper (Sudbury), bobbyg (London),
TOsmoketrail (TO), Kenandpen (2 TO),Sutherland (TO), Breezy (2 TO), NikeBike (2 Brampton), Byron (Milton), Dirtbag_700 (2 Pickering), magic8ball (Oshawa),
spider (St Creek), jjpot (St Creek), OneThumb (Hamilton)
16 est.

For those following this thread, to be notified automaticaly of any updates subscribe to this thread. Upper Right Corner of Message beside Quote click on (Subscribe)

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I didn't know the Mayor had the power to rename a ride.
That's like renaming a city street and not asking any of the councillors.
I guess power corrupts all eventually.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.