VOG Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I know - search is your friend but after reading a number of posts here and on the Vision-Riders site I'm still confused...
I have a leftover 2720 from my old bike. It's a nice unit and I'm not ready to spend $700 on a new one. From all I have read the Victory GPS mount product number 2875742 is what's needed to mount AND power AND connect the 2720 to the audio system?
What's confusing me here is that this same product number is also listed for the new 550 GPS as the appropriate part/mount. What's the deal?
My bike is a 2010 Vision Tour Premium.
Thanks a bunch...

·
Registered
4,500 Posts

That part is just the metal mount. I believe it should fit both

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You sure? Other posts I found suggested that the mount includes a cable that goes with the original GPS sold by Victory, which was essentially the 2720...
$90 would be a little much for just a piece of aluminum with 4 holes in it....

·
Registered
1,090 Posts

....for the 2010 Vic Vision (VV), page 22 of Pure Victory Gear:
Garmin 660 GPS, $849.99
Garmin 660 mount, $149.99
Audio Integration Harness, $149.99
No prices listed for '08-09 Vision, Integration harness will not work with '08-09 VV
just readin' the stuff........

·
Registered
126 Posts

Hey Picard,
You should be able to get the 2008-09 GPS mount which will hold te 2720 AND does include the cableharness and the plastic mount which actually holds the unit. you may want to find out if this will fit the 2010 wiring harness though - that I am not so sure about. Good question!
VVVet

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am having my dealer try and find out whether the wiring harness in my 2010 is compatible with the 2008/9 style cable which does indeed connect to the 2720 - I have confirmed that. They have no clue either. Victory phone customer service is useless and I sent them an email a week ago and have not heard back. Their customer service really stinks...

I'm thinking it probably will turn out not to be compatible...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Still no word from the dealer or from Polaris
here is a picture of my GPS connector - does anyone using the 2720 harness recognize that shape?

·
Registered
12,236 Posts

Picard,
I had a 2010 Vision and installed a 2008 Tour Tech GPS on it. I believe that was Victory's private label for the 2720. It was a direct hook up and everything functioned perfectly. The cable came with the mount so I would believe the 2008-2010 cables are all the same.
Maybe someone on here can verify that the Tour and the 2720 are the same?
Don

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Unfortunately not on my bike... the connectors are different. I will need to make my own connector and match up the cables.

Does anyone know the color coding of the wires? The GPS end has 4 - Red, White, Black and Brown, the bike end has 5 (Black w/ white stripe, Green, red, blue w/ orange stripe and blue w/pink stripe). I assume the bike side has 5 since the 660 is stereo (MP3 and such) and the 2720 output is mono.

Thanks for any help...

·
Registered
12,236 Posts

picard said:
Unfortunately not on my bike... the connectors are different. I will need to make my own connector and match up the cables.

Does anyone know the color coding of the wires? The GPS end has 4 - Red, White, Black and Brown, the bike end has 5 (Black w/ white stripe, Green, red, blue w/ orange stripe and blue w/pink stripe). I assume the bike side has 5 since the 660 is stereo (MP3 and such) and the 2720 output is mono.

Thanks for any help...
Yeah either I go through way to many bikes or I am braindead... I had an 09 Vision, Sorry
But there was a guy on here that made a wiring harness with very detailed instructions and Radio Shack part #'s on some stuff. It was a different application but I think you could use the cord he made?
Don

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
also your dealership(or someone here) may have the shop manual. It gives a detailed schematic of the wiring harness and the pinout of the signal and power wires.

It's a handy item to have when needing to things like this. Maybe someone can scan to a pdf for you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Part Number 2875742 will work with 2720 Garmin It has everything you need MSRP $89.99. Their will be a cable out of the wiring harness on the right side of the console with a cover on the end you must remove to plug your new cable in. If you have any trouble after you get your kit call 772-468-6888 ask for Jim and I will try to answer your questions. Good Luck and enjoy your Vision.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.