VOG Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've been trying to set the clock on my 2016 Gunner to 24 hour format using the directions in the manual. I am able to enter the menu to change the clock format but when I change the setting the bike still displays in 12 hour format. Has anyone else run into this issue? Or experienced success getting the format to change?

·
Super Moderator
26,107 Posts
Changing it to a 24hr clock will change the speedo from miles to kilometers.

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
Changing it to a 24hr clock will change the speedo from miles to kilometers.
Nothing wrong with that. He could ride all through Canada and not get a speeding ticket!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, looks like I'll be sticking with the 12 hour format. Seems odd then that they'd allow you to access the menu to change this separately from MPH/KPH but it looks like it is the case. The Gunner refuses to show the 24 hour clock unless I select KMH. I am close to Canada so I'll have to enjoy the 24 hour format only on the rides north.

·
Super Moderator
26,107 Posts
Thanks, looks like I'll be sticking with the 12 hour format. Seems odd then that they'd allow you to access the menu to change this separately from MPH/KPH but it looks like it is the case. The Gunner refuses to show the 24 hour clock unless I select KMH. I am close to Canada so I'll have to enjoy the 24 hour format only on the rides north.
I'm a fan of the 24 hour clock, always have been. So I'm with you in thinking it's strange.

·
Registered
6,181 Posts
On mine it is as easy as changing from SAE to metric measure on the speedometer. With the bike off, hold the toggle switch on the left handlebar depressed and then turn the ignition to on. That gets you into the settings mode on that multi-function switch. Miles vs. Kilometers is one of the settings and so is liters vs. gallons. A third option you have is the 12 or 24 hour clock and another choice for your display is temperature in F or C. I don't recall off hand if there are any more settings. My normal settings are miles, degrees F, gallons (for MPG) and a 24 hour clock. You get to choose each of those settings independent of each other.
When I am waiting in line at the US/Canada border I switch from miles to Km or vice versa without affecting any other settings and without holding up the line. It is easy, only takes a few seconds and makes observing the local speed limits easier, if you choose to do that. At least that way you will know how much over the limit you are going.

·
Super Moderator
26,107 Posts
So this is strange. My book for my 13 makes it sound like it can either be set to Standard or Metric but when I checked the bike it was as @Oldman47 said and I was able to change the settings independently. However, on my 08 it is only two options like the book suggests and can been seen down in the pics. Either Standard or Metric.

View attachment 496757 View attachment 496759 View attachment 496761

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
As per the other thread on this, I do believe that mine originally was set up as KPH and degrees Celsius and clock was twelve hour mode and i did manage to set it up so the only change there was the clock being changed to 24 hour format as i use this all the time and rarely us the old 12 hour mode on anything if it can be changed to the 24 hour format.....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I discovered my issue. I went to leave for worke early this morning and my clock displayed 1645 at 4:45AM. Apparently my 12 hour format clock was set in reverse, though there is no AM/PM designation on my Gunner's display to denote this. Changing to the correct time should allow me to have 24 hour format after all.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.