VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
139 Posts
Is this the best they could do for a 120 anniversary model? The faithful are not happy with offerings including pricing.

And no electics? Could have been an opportunity for the CEO to backup his words on HD's new direction.

· Registered
2,659 Posts
i just dont understand how they think they can keep up the sales numbers they want, jacking up prices the way h.d. does. real world wages are going downward not up. maybe i should say purchasing power has been the same since 1984. buy a new harley? why/ theres thousands of good used ones, plus good metrics if ya want a new to you bike.

· Registered
462 Posts
All that $$$$ and it still has a 15 yr old frame, crappy suspension, no reverse, no power windshield, no adaptive cruise, no electronic adjustable suspension, no ride modes, no DCT option, no quick detach bags or trunk etc. etc. etc...

· Registered
105 Posts
They lost me at the M8. finally sold my 16 RK, last of the twin cams. It was a good bike.

Still have my 15 Hammer. Its getting new cobra chromes this month. they actually make a 250/40-18 now.

New bikes are too $$$ and even used prices are high. My son did just take delivery of a 23 ninja 1000sx though. 14 k otd.

I like the new Fat Boy. Just don't care for the M8. The Vic 106 is still better engineered.

· Registered
462 Posts
I like the new Fat Boy. Just don't care for the M8. The Vic 106 is still better engineered.
I own a 2018 Fat Boy S with the 114. I also like the looks of the new Breakout. The 114 is ok but really needs a set of cams to bring it in the same league as my 106 with cams. The Fatboy stock seat was terrible, the suspension is back breaking, speedo lens gets condensation under it every time i wash it or it rains, and worst of all the bike is not balanced due to the 240 rear tire and HD having to move the motor over to the left slightly for the belt to work. The tires wear on one side and fronts typically done at 5000 miles. Known issue with the Fat Boy and HD still hasn't addressed the problem 5 model years later. This is my first Harley and will be my last, not impressed!!!

· Registered
9,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
My 2019 Road Glide Ultra came with a 114 engine and had 41,042 trouble-free miles on it. I had a 128 build done and I now have 94,358 trouble-free miles on it. I had $1,000 rear shocks installed on it and I can ride sun up to sun down on this bike. At 70 mph I get 195 miles on five gallons of gas. I bought it used for $26,500 with 9,042 miles on it.

· Registered
1,845 Posts
My 2019 Road Glide Ultra came with a 114 engine and had 41,042 trouble-free miles on it. I had a 128 build done and I now have 93,358 trouble-free miles on it. I had $1,000 rear shocks installed on it and I can ride sun up to sun down on this bike. At 70 mph I get 195 miles on five gallons of gas.
... but did you spend $52k on it?

I'm not one to bash on Harley except the pricing.
Some guy was all proud to tell me about his $40k used Harley purchase when he saw my Victory. I didn't want to tell the guy what I paid for a used bike. Have friends and family happy with them that didn't pay ridiculous money. They are good bikes. Pricing is just going to crazy heights.

• Agree
Reactions: Chattanooga_Mark

· Registered
105 Posts
Harley does a very good job of marketing their core product to their core demographic.
Once you get beyond that there are many technically better bikes out there. I had Harleys for many years as well as other brands. If you only own Harleys you are missing out on a lot of other great bikes.
Victory motorcycles were/are a good example of other great bikes.

· Registered
9,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
... but did you spend $52k on it?

I'm not one to bash on Harley except the pricing.
Some guy was all proud to tell me about his $40k used Harley purchase when he saw my Victory. I didn't want to tell the guy what I paid for a used bike. Have friends and family happy with them that didn't pay ridiculous money. They are good bikes. Pricing is just going to crazy heights.
I bought my 2019, Road Glide Ultra used with 9.042 miles on it for $26,500. I paid $24,999 for my Victory Cross Country tour in 2014. With the Lloyds big bore top end, two different sets of cams, and every different exhaust system made for it too I have more money spent on my CCT than I do in my Harley Road Glide Ultra.

· Registered
9,779 Posts
Interesting point, but not exactly apples to apples comparison. But, it's kind of close considering the five years between bikes and accounting for inflation , except you bought a used Harley, and a new? Victory. What would the same Harley, new, cost?
Got my CCT less than one year old, 11,000 miles and every factory gismo, upgrade and chrome trim available for 13,500. With the cams, tune pipes and intake, total cost to me 16,000. I have never looked back. I always thought that was an amazing price for such a bike.

Certainly easy enough to put a lot of money into "additions". I was always happy that the previous owner already did most of that. I could actually reduce my cost if I sold the things I have which came from or with the bike that I really don't use, like the stage one pipes and big mouth tips, and the passenger backrest and extra windshields and handlebars. The back rest is brand new and never been used.

· Registered
9,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Interesting point, but not exactly apples to apples comparison. But, it's kind of close considering the five years between bikes and accounting for inflation , except you bought a used Harley, and a new? Victory. What would the same Harley, new, cost?
Got my CCT less than one year old, 11,000 miles and every factory gismo, upgrade and chrome trim available for 13,500. With the cams, tune pipes and intake, total cost to me 16,000. I have never looked back. I always thought that was an amazing price for such a bike.

Certainly easy enough to put a lot of money into "additions". I was always happy that the previous owner already did most of that. I could actually reduce my cost if I sold the things I have which came from or with the bike that I really don't use, like the stage one pipes and big mouth tips, and the passenger backrest and extra windshields and handlebars. The back rest is brand new and never been used.

Yes, I bought my Cross Country tour new. I forgot to add that I had the Vic Baggers back-bone and Power commander too installed, and two dyno tunes. A new Road Glide Ultra now would cost $32,999 before taxes.

· Registered
105 Posts
Harley does a very good job of marketing their core product to their core demographic.
Once you get beyond that there are many technically better bikes out there. I had Harleys for many years as well as other brands. If you only own Harleys you are missing out on a lot of other great bikes.
Victory motorcycles were/are a good example of other great bikes.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts