VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I like the looks of it. I never cared for that huge Indian front fender.

Reactions: KeepRidin!

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
I like it but the resemblance is certainly there.

·
Registered
361 Posts
It also resembles the progression of the XC. I like it. Some don't want big fenders hated the fairing same with every bike ever made. Now Indian is giving it's customers two choices the Chieftain Classic and the Chieftain Limited nothing wrong with that. The two represent different riding groups and gives everyone a choice. But the price is still way stupid.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Imitation? More like throwing in the white flag.
Nope, not in my opinion, finally doing what they should have from the start. If they wanted cut fenders on a chieftain model make a new model. They finally did. Expanding their market. I have many HD riding buddies all loved the Victory but... but... but... the fairing is butt ugly or I'm short it stretches me out to much... it doesn't handle in town... on and on and on. Motorcycles have two wheels (sorry Slingshot) and a engine with a frame beyond that what? Everything is copied from someone. Every fairing looks like a bat wing or gold wing what else you gonna do? I personally see way more Vic in this new bike than I do Hardly. In fact the most Hardly thing about it is the engine. If that model came out with a Victory badge it would be the greatest thing since sliced bread.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Nope, not in my opinion, finally doing what they should have from the start. If they wanted cut fenders on a chieftain model make a new model. They finally did. Expanding their market. I have many HD riding buddies all loved the Victory but... but... but... the fairing is butt ugly or I'm short it stretches me out to much... it doesn't handle in town... on and on and on. Motorcycles have two wheels (sorry Slingshot) and a engine with a frame beyond that what? Everything is copied from someone. Every fairing looks like a bat wing or gold wing what else you gonna do? I personally see way more Vic in this new bike than I do Hardly. In fact the most Hardly thing about it is the engine. If that model came out with a Victory badge it would be the greatest thing since sliced bread.
The Indian fans who baught into it the old school look must be pissed. great now my Indian Looks like a HD. Thank goodness my Vision looks Like neither one. May be ugly to some but you can't say looks like a Harley

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Exactly what I don't want.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
One question... with HD always talking about fit and finish, why is the bottom of the SG fairing still look cut off? Like it is an aftermarket add on.

Got to give the nod to Indian. They make a better street glide fairing than Harley does! :rofl2:

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
Not to disparage your "Harley riding buddies", but absolutely none of the things you claim them to have said are true. Must be the typical, "I've never ridden it, but I know I don't like it" crowd.

I have and have been riding a CCT for quite a while now and can tell you that I am NOT stretched out too much, nor is the fairing ugly or 'like' anything else. The lines are crisp and clean and effective. And if you've seen one properly pin stripped, only then can one truly appreciate the artistic and asthetic shape. And around town??!! I'd be willing to bet that I can turn, wield and throw my CCT around at slow speed much better than most on the comparable HD.

And please tell me, what was the Victory copied from, again?

·
Registered
12,827 Posts
Imo they took away those driving lights and that may have hurt sales.

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
A classic Indian Teardrop headlamp would have gone a long ways towards giving this bike its own distinctive look.

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
A classic Indian Teardrop headlamp would have gone a long ways towards giving this bike its own distinctive look.
Distintive??!! Have you not been paying attention? We've already had distinctive (and better). Remember Victory? It's the last thing the "faithful" want, is to stand out in any way as they express their individuality.

Give the shee.......I mean people what they want. What are you, some kind of radical?! :rofl2:

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.