1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
very cute.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Does the dyno operator not know that those different modes are just for throttle response and that there is no difference in mapping?!?!

Do 3 consecutive runs on a 2018 Chieftain and you will get similar variation in hp and torque.

·
Registered
23,463 Posts
What, they couldn't figure out how to lay the graphs over each other on one chart?

those different modes are just for throttle response
I don't see the point... The response is 'vague as hell', 'a little less vague', and a 'slightly less vague than that'.
Do you REALLY need driving modes on a 900 lb, 71 HP motorcycle? Just give me all it's got...

"I put it in sport mode".
Easy now, don't crash that b!tch.

·
Registered
12,866 Posts
We all already knew this. The video was made to show that it’s a joke. Indian not going to become what a Victory or an HD can become for that matter. The TS111 just can’t be massaged to run or built to be strong without major $$$.

·
Registered
17,114 Posts
Does the dyno operator not know that those different modes are just for throttle response and that there is no difference in mapping?!?!

Do 3 consecutive runs on a 2018 Chieftain and you will get similar variation in hp and torque.
I think what the dyno operator didn't know was the three different modes are just for marketing. They're all the same. Placebo effect will insure enough riders believe they actually got something different. At least Wine thinks so.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
What, they couldn't figure out how to lay the graphs over each other on one chart?

I don't see the point... The response is 'vague as hell', 'a little less vague', and a 'slightly less vague than that'.
Do you REALLY need driving modes on a 900 lb, 71 HP motorcycle? Just give me all it's got...

"I put it in sport mode".
Easy now, don't crash that b!tch.
I run the Diavel in Sport Mode … with No Traction control.
I tried the other modes … but they didn't make sense to me.
I bought the bike to run at full potential … and the rest is on me as a rider.
Peter

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Turtle Joe and I were talking about the Multistrada S.
It has driving modes... SPORT!
It has traction control... OFF!
Sounds like my Concours. Kawasaki received complaints that they needed to make the fuel tank bigger. Their solution... added an "eco" mode that you have to turn on if you want that feature. I've never tried it. I would have to read the manual again to figure out how to turn it on if I ever did want to try it. Not sure why anyone would want to, but that's just me.

Traction control, they gave it a big bright yellow button that you push and hold to turn it off. Easy to figure out. No manual needed. Seems like Kawasaki knows their core customer base well, and found a way to appease the other customers.

Minimal electronics... just how I like it!

Reactions: bikendad

·
Registered
335 Posts
I demoed those bikes on November 9. I liked the stage 2 cams better than the 116, but man it’s not the 106 were higher rpm more power. I know nothing about torque. They would go fast ,the ride and handling are out of sight. The $ for the bike just left me thinking when it’s 2 years old and goes for 13,500 it would be a bike I would consider. The FTR1200 was damn nice! Only got to sit on it and play with the screen. The dealer was taking deposits left and right. ( they only get 10 ) on the first delivery. I’m positive they will be all sold. I did like the chieftain street glide a lot though.

·
Registered
23,463 Posts
Sounds like my Concours. Kawasaki received complaints that they needed to make the fuel tank bigger. Their solution... added an "eco" mode that you have to turn on if you want that feature. I've never tried it. I would have to read the manual again to figure out how to turn it on if I ever did want to try it. Not sure why anyone would want to, but that's just me.

Traction control, they gave it a big bright yellow button that you push and hold to turn it off. Easy to figure out. No manual needed. Seems like Kawasaki knows their core customer base well, and found a way to appease the other customers.

Minimal electronics... just how I like it!
Even in the truck... I hate how lazy the trans is and it's no fun at all. As soon as I start it:
turn off traction control
turn on tow/haul mode
turn on exhaust brake.

Now it's fun to drive and feels like a truck...

So glad my bike has no electronics. Self-cancelling winkers and fuel injection... that's it.

·
Registered
124 Posts
More marketing crap. A riding friend who is a salesman at the local Indian store was raving about the difference in settings on a "demo" ride. Fake Fake Fake, heck this may or may not be a real post!!!

Reactions: bikendad

·
Registered
335 Posts
More marketing crap. A riding friend who is a salesman at the local Indian store was raving about the difference in settings on a "demo" ride. Fake Fake Fake, heck this may or may not be a real post!!!
I found myself using the standard ride mode more at demo day. In sport mode the bike wanted to leave me behind. The handling on this bike as real nice but the price is to high for me. I asked how much could I get for a trade in on my 2015 highball, they told me to just keep riding it, there's no value on the steel frames.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.