2018 models | Page 2 | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

2018 models

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by Rockman, Apr 28, 2014.

1. robsvision

robsvision Well-Known Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    Cross Country Tour
    I hope your right cause they have really dropped the ball lately ....

2. Mattbastard

Mattbastard Member

2013 Vision, 2004 Ultra Classic, & a 1977 RD400

I'd bet it'd still haul ass.

3. iabob

iabob Well-Known Member

Victory Kingpin
    I agree completely, but I would replace 1 year with 3 years. In 08 Victory gave us the Vision and already had the Cross Country / Roads drawn up and ready for 2010. No doubt they were working on stuff at that time, and no doubt in 2011 when they bought Indian some of that R&D got moved. Also of no doubt, sometimes R&D is done, but putting it into production means retooling costs. In a bad economy...new wheels and handlebars = a new model without any retooling costs. Think Highball on that one. And then, the Highball was such a success, can you blame them for trying the same play with the Gunner? For the record, I think their marketing of the Gunner was way off. But, I've seen the Gunner, it's sweet, I bet it sells. Next up is production capacity and expansion. We are due to see some really new and innovative stuff from Victory...and hell from Indian too. Who here thinks they only designed ONE new Indian??? I suspect the new water cooled Victory and the Indian Scout are designed, tested, and ready to go. But...is the factory ready to make them? We know there will be no tours at the AVR in August because of expansion/renovation. Victory's entire assembly line is getting updated to something similar to Indian's, a second shift is being hired and trained, and both brands are getting ready for a state of the art paint and finishing facility. So I'm guessing if the facilities aren't ready for tours in mid-late August...they probably aren't ready to be producing models that would be released in late July. I'm dying to see what's next, but I think we should be prepared for another year of more of the same.

4. mrmegadeth

mrmegadeth Active Member

2018 BMW K1600B

No doubt that the Gunner is pretty. I just think the Marketing hype is back-asswards. Bobber without compromise, really?
    I know here in my engineering firm we have cycles of development. We add new features and fix bugs in some parts of the cycle and then in other parts we "clean up". For example, we are currently cleaning up the code in some of my projects and adding programmer's notes that makes it easier to support in the future. Now that Polaris-motorcyckes has grown for a while I want them to take a step back and "clean up". Work on the fit and finish and not focus on new models and acquisitions. I think in the end if you take away the ammo from the haters (too much plastic and the cables are ugly, etc.) you will win market share.

5. Allstate

Allstate Active Member

2013 XC

Freakin lasers. Yeah who else has lasers on their bikes? That is what we will see next.

Seriously though. One thing we may see IMHO on the touring bikes is an improved and integratedrider experience system. HD really did a phenominal job with their infotainment/boom sound setup. I got around all the manufacturers at IMS this winter and do believe that HD put themselves a few years ahead in this department. I thoruoghly explored the setup with a product manager and cannot help saying it is slick. Others, Victory included, may be wise to play catch up here as alot of folks who are into the touring bikes consider this area asa part of the total experience.

Disclaimer: I am not promoting HD! I am a fan of American-made motorcycle engine technology. I therefore at this time cannot conscientously purchase a HD despite all the doo-dads, costumes and trademarked attitude.

6. mister-g

mister-g Well-Known Member

2014 vision tour

[​IMG] i for one hope rockman has a long wait,,, i'm in no hurry to get to 2018. the older i get the more i try living in the present,,, hmmm,[​IMG]but it will be trade in time by then.

7. Pelz

Pelz Active Member

2010 cross roads + 3 others.
    I like the looks of the gunner and predict it becomes their biggest selling cruiser. A lot of people want the stripped down look, and the price will help it. And like the marketing or not, they ARE marketing it. See adds in all the car and motor mags. Just because they did the gunner doesn't mean they also are not coming out with something new.

8. RLJ3RD

RLJ3RD My Ride My Wrench Gold Supporter

2017 Victory Magnum X-1, 2016 Victory Hammer S, 1998 Yamaha YZF-R1
    In retrospect, this thread is kinda funny... =)

• Agree Agree x 8
  9. OldKid

OldKid Active Member

08 Victory Vision
    Nah, it's not 2018 yet. Polaris still has a few months to realize and correct their mistake!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Flyboy

Flyboy Well-Known Member

Victory Boardwalk
    And today?

11. Flyboy

Flyboy Well-Known Member

Victory Boardwalk
    Oh Brother, I have to hear your opinion on this now... Let me help, if you don't mind.

You see they created this new liquid-cooled motor and ran it up Pikes Peak and all. Then they put the "Victory Patented" engine into this new frame and called it an Indian Scout in order to give their new investment a jump. And jump it did, to shut down the Victory assembly-line, just to pump em out to try to keep up. Even added shifts and then gave one to the Victory line in the name of Octane.

Then it dawned on them, Victory was Indian's competition and with retooling for the Factory, what the Hell, shut Victory down and now the Jetson-mobile looks like this...

upload_2017-7-26_12-57-38.jpeg [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 2
  12. FoFo

FoFo Well-Known Member

2010 Victory Cross Roads
    Sad, but true!

13. Steele11b

Steele11b Active Member

2011 Kingpin
    No just sad.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Ghostrider25

Ghostrider25 Lone Rider of the Apocolypse

'14 Victory Vision.......... '17 Triumph Trophy ...... '11 Suzuki GSX1250FA
    I have nothing more to add. Except this for Scott Wine and his Butt Boy Minnetto:

:aktion086:

• Winner Winner x 3
  15. CPT PYRO

CPT PYRO Well-Known Member

2017 Victory Cross Country
    Well this was an interesting thread.

Oh what could have been......

• Agree Agree x 3