VOG Forum banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Oh it's coming for sure. The Pursuit will be a littler, leaner fork mounted fairing bike. Three trim levels. It is in production now. Hopefully will still debut this month. Could be pushed back to early February, with a release date March or April.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
YES THATS IT ! Well the one I had anyways. And I was so on board to buy that the minute it came out. Now tell me that motor doesn't look familiar LOL
I think that's it as well. Its been so long since I've seen it, for some reason the one I remember had Vic badges on it maybe... Either way, awesome find! Thanks!

·
Registered
6,740 Posts
I remember when the magnums came out. The X1 was what I wanted. The wheels and the paint. The seat and the sound system. $24k !!
I thought …… uhhh NO ! I'll make mine better. Then the demise of victory and then the lie that they were worthless so of course the market followed suit. Then I found my damn near new X1 for $16k. Had to buy it. That was the one I always wanted.
What I'm getting at is this. If your right and the prices are that high then I'll be waiting again. Morally I can't spend $30k on a bike. Especially if after a few short years with still low miles on the clock they drop so drastically in value. I never knew how a lot of my HD friends did it. Trade up every other year thinking the bikes were that much better.
I always wanted the X1 as well. I almost bought one in 2016 when I bought my suede black CCT.

Anyway if you ever need someone to care for X1 when you can't anymore I know a guy. :biggrin:

·
Registered
12,865 Posts
Now we are near the 2023 model offering and the local wigwam still has low inventory. Like they barely got any 22 model year bikes at all. Well we shall see what 23 brings to Indian. All through out the year (just down the road) the local HD boutique trickled in new 22 models and as fast as they arrived they went. Still the showroom floor was at 1/2 capacity compared to years gone by.

Is it because the masses that were buying motorcycles are finally happy with their purchase ? Maybe the interest of riding got hung up by many ? Roads too dangerous anymore ? Prices too high now ?
So if it’s all the above …. then the manufacturers played it smart for 1 yr to observe the market for buyer involvement and it will show year after year coming the future.
We could be seeing the big American style of touring bikes slowly going bye bye while maybe the new generations of gadget inspired youths pay more attention to either adventure type bikes, sport bikes, or maybe look away from the MC world and line themselves up with Lithium power ! This is definitely not the world I grew up in anymore. We are slowly fading out.

·
Registered
6,740 Posts
Is it because the masses that were buying motorcycles are finally happy with their purchase ? Maybe the interest of riding got hung up by many ? Roads too dangerous anymore ? Prices too high now ?
So if it’s all the above …. then the manufacturers played it smart for 1 yr to observe the market for buyer involvement and it will show year after year coming the future.
We could be seeing the big American style of touring bikes slowly going bye bye while maybe the new generations of gadget inspired youths pay more attention to either adventure type bikes, sport bikes, or maybe look away from the MC world and line themselves up with Lithium power ! This is definitely not the world I grew up in anymore. We are slowly fading out.
I'm not nearly as old as some one here but I'm still holding true to two wheels that burn gas/oil and I will not settle for an electric scooter. I haven't ran across many my age that rides as much as I do. Hell I ride more than most motorcycle owners and don't mind getting soaked in the process or having my hands go numb do to frigid temperatures.

I believe new motorcycles are severely overpriced. There is no way in hell I'd pay 30K+ for two wheels. I feel the same way about not wanting to spend 60K+ for a pickup, but I would be more inclined to spend more for a motorcycle then a truck.

I'll keep the riding spirit alive as long as I can. If I ever have kids I'll get them to fall in love with two wheels as well.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Now we are near the 2023 model offering and the local wigwam still has low inventory. Like they barely got any 22 model year bikes at all. Well we shall see what 23 brings to Indian. All through out the year (just down the road) the local HD boutique trickled in new 22 models and as fast as they arrived they went. Still the showroom floor was at 1/2 capacity compared to years gone by.

Harley publicly announced in interviews and such that they will intentionally limit inventory at dealers because it drives up price. They only want to sell the big expensive bikes with high profit margins. Dropping the sportster is in line with previous statements. Indian could be following the same playbook.

·
Registered
6,740 Posts
Harley publicly announced in interviews and such that they will intentionally limit inventory at dealers because it drives up price. They only want to sell the big expensive bikes with high profit margins. Dropping the sportster is in line with previous statements. Indian could be following the same playbook.
I believe cage manufacturers are doing the same. Unfortunately with the cages a so called vehicle shortage drives up the cost of used ones as well.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I believe cage manufacturers are doing the same. Unfortunately with the cages a so called vehicle shortage drives up the cost of used ones as well.
This was before the chip shortage was so bad.

Autos are just idling half finished vehicles on old closed factory lots until they get more chips. Every brand is doing it. Lot of it going on in this state where the big brands all have unused land turned into parking lots. There has been talk of some going much more focused on customer orders and away from stocking lots. Usually a custom order is a guaranteed sale.

• Agree
Reactions: ForestGiant

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
There’s no way I can wrap my head around these bike prices anymore for new. 30 to 40g is just ridiculous for anything on 2 wheels regardless of the name on the tank. I’ve been hunting down a garage queen for about 6 months now as my new road bike and finally found one with a somewhat realistic price. Well in comparison to this ridiculous market. 18 with 3500 miles is literally to me a brand new bike. Giving a guy 19 for a bike he has almost $34 in was a win in my eyes. But I still say not to far down the road this has to level out at some point. But again as @slickvic said if this whole thing of MC is slowly fading out which I also believe is happening. This will also take a huge hit on the industry. The next few years will be interesting

·
Registered
411 Posts
There’s no way I can wrap my head around these bike prices anymore for new. 30 to 40g is just ridiculous for anything on 2 wheels regardless of the name on the tank. I’ve been hunting down a garage queen for about 6 months now as my new road bike and finally found one with a somewhat realistic price. Well in comparison to this ridiculous market. 18 with 3500 miles is literally to me a brand new bike. Giving a guy 19 for a bike he has almost $34 in was a win in my eyes. But I still say not to far down the road this has to level out at some point. But again as @slickvic said if this whole thing of MC is slowly fading out which I also believe is happening. This will also take a huge hit on the industry. The next few years will be interesting

yup, its not just the enormous cost of the newer MC its the cost for servicing them, here in Oz, to ave the VCC serviced costs me $450.00.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
yup, its not just the enormous cost of the newer MC its the cost for servicing them, here in Oz, to ave the VCC serviced costs me $450.00.
Impressed that Victory is on a road sign.

Save you a bundle doing your own maintenance work though.

• Agree
Reactions: Bikesofbrads

·
Registered
411 Posts
Impressed that Victory is on a road sign.

Save you a bundle doing your own maintenance work though.

Hiya there, once upon a time one did service thy MC e.g. : Honda, Kawa and Yamaha old skool rides easy tasks, this newer machine one dnt..........................The Victory signage is @ the dealership here in Adelaide , Sth Australia................

·
Registered
6,483 Posts
I still believe that one of the reasons our Victory's are so reliable is due to the 'limited' technology Polaris used at the time. Sure my CCT has bluetooth, ABS, cruise control, heated grips and a heated seat. But it doesn't have selectable riding modes, ride by wire, an infotainment system or a CANBUS wire loom. All of which 'could' be nice but all of which often add a lot more complexity.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I still believe that one of the reasons our Victory's are so reliable is due to the 'limited' technology Polaris used at the time. Sure my CCT has bluetooth, ABS, cruise control, heated grips and a heated seat. But it doesn't have selectable riding modes, ride by wire, an infotainment system or a CANBUS wire loom. All of which 'could' be nice but all of which often add a lot more complexity.

Polaris ( Victory ) did their homework, versed all issues Harley Davidson have not touched in donkies ages on the V-Twin..........

Attachments

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Victory does have canbus.

Not aware of issues with drive by wire or entertainment but I'm not on an Indian forum where I'd see complaints.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts